Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phantom vs Devialet 120 plus Audio Physic 25+ (german)
(16-May-2015, 09:47)Vivialet Wrote: Maybe in 1 or 2 years if they come up with a V2 I will try again.

Well, the have Phantom Silver and White, I guess they could come up with Deluxe Titanium or Platinum containing even better mids and highs.
I am always into a little bit of conspiracy theory. As if they purposely didn't put great mids and highs so they could get some space for improvement. ;-)
(28-Mar-2015, 14:25)theaudioguru Wrote: I know some members have found a pair of Phantoms a rival
For the b&w 802 but is there anyone else thinking of replacing their
High end speakers with Phantoms?

Can they rival something like magico s3 with Devialet 400? 
Thanks

Personally, I wouldn't replace my Devialet 200 system with a pair of Phantoms but if I could muster up the money, I would get a pair of Phantoms for a second system in my basement. 
Hi, new guy here.

I heard the Phantoms a week ago at my local dealer's, and they were quite impressive. I was on the fence to buy either them or a Dev 120 with my old B&W CDM1 SE ... and i went for the 120. The mids seemed to lack in my opinion. This doesn't mean that my setup is better (maybe in some tonal regards), but for bass the Phantom easily trounces them.

The bigger picture is that sooner than later i will upgrade to Vivids, thus naturally we are quite far from the price of the Phantoms, which imho are the best price/quality relation there is atm.

Dedicated Intel 2600k JRiver :: 1000Pro :: Vivid Audio Giya G2
Main Workstation :: 220Pro :: B&W CDM1 SE
(20-May-2015, 13:26)noir Wrote: Hi, new guy here.

I heard the Phantoms a week ago at my local dealer's, and they were quite impressive. I was on the fence to buy either them or a Dev 120 with my old B&W CDM1 SE ... and i went for the 120. The mids seemed to lack in my opinion. This doesn't mean that my setup is better (maybe in some tonal regards), but for bass the Phantom easily trounces them.

The bigger picture is that sooner than later i will upgrade to Vivids, thus naturally we are quite far from the price of the Phantoms, which imho are the best price/quality relation there is atm.

Hello All,

This is my first post and I would like to introduce myself. I have heard both the Devialet systems and the Phantoms for a short demo. 

I am a new dealer located in south Florida. My only electronics are Devialet. I also carry Vivid, Magico, Sonus Fabre, Harbeth, and Eclipse. My hope is to become a Devialet expert. I have spent years listening to different electronics from vintage tube equipment to high end class A. When I heard Devialet for the first time (a couple years ago) I realized it was something very special.

As another poster mentioned, the Phantoms and the 120-200-400-800 are different animals.  Both can make for a very pleasurable listening experience. The 120-200-400-800 have been tagged "expert" systems for a reason.

The Phantoms are a very, very high end value. Devialet Phantoms will obviously smoke any Bose product, and I believe Devialet may even have an ex-Bose CEO (or other) on staff now to make sure. 

Im my humble opinion, the Phantoms will not replace the Devialet "expert" series when combined with a good speaker and cabling. That being said, I am very excited that the Phantoms will allow people to enjoy our hobby on a budget level with a slightly more simple solution.

Warm regards,

J
(24-May-2015, 08:50)AudioElegance Wrote:
(20-May-2015, 13:26)noir Wrote: Hi, new guy here.

Hello All,

This is my first post and I would like to introduce myself. I have heard both the Devialet systems and the Phantoms for a short demo. 

I am a new dealer located in south Florida. My only electronics are Devialet. I also carry Vivid, Magico, Sonus Fabre, Harbeth, and Eclipse. My hope is to become a Devialet expert. I have spent years listening to different electronics from vintage tube equipment to high end class A. When I heard Devialet for the first time (a couple years ago) I realized it was something very special.

As another poster mentioned, the Phantoms and the 120-200-400-800 are different animals.  Both can make for a very pleasurable listening experience. The 120-200-400-800 have been tagged "expert" systems for a reason.

The Phantoms are a very, very high end value. Devialet Phantoms will obviously smoke any Bose product, and I believe Devialet may even have an ex-Bose CEO (or other) on staff now to make sure. 

Im my humble opinion, the Phantoms will not replace the Devialet "expert" series when combined with a good speaker and cabling. That being said, I am very excited that the Phantoms will allow people to enjoy our hobby on a budget level with a slightly more simple solution.

Warm regards,

J
There are those that have done just that (moved to Phantoms) and they had high end speaker/amp combos that they replaced.