Poll: Are you satisfied with your Devialet?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes
86.36%
57 86.36%
No
3.03%
2 3.03%
Still Undecided
10.61%
7 10.61%
Total 66 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet - Overall Satisfaction
It's been only 2 weeks that I have my Devialet 200 but so far, I'm really happy with my purchase.

I went from separates (pre-amp, power amp and DAC) to the Devialet 200 and have absolutely no regrets.  All inputs work perfectly, my speakers have a SAM profile and the Devialet 200 has lots of power to spare with amazing detail and dead-quiet background.

So are you satisfied with your Devialet purchase?

Please elaborate, especially if you answered NO.
I voted yes but I don't use AIR wifi. I've used AIR Ethernet from my laptop in the office when I can't be bothered turning the Mac mini on in the living room and haven't had a problem with it at all. Not that I've used it much but it has never failed.

In a previous life I installed telephone and alarm systems. Whenever we needed to go the wireless way there was trouble. With that experience in mind I never planned to use mine wirelessly. As we used to say in Dutch: Draadloos is waardeloos (wireless is worthless)
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(22-Mar-2015, 22:54)Pim van Vliet Wrote: I voted yes but I don't use AIR wifi. I've used AIR Ethernet from my laptop in the office when I can't be bothered turning the Mac mini on in the living room and haven't had a problem with it at all. Not that I've used it much but it has never failed.

In a previous life I installed telephone and alarm systems. Whenever we needed to go the wireless way there was trouble. With that experience in mind I never planned to use mine wirelessly. As we used to say in Dutch: Draadloos is waardeloos (wireless is worthless)

I use AIR Ethernet and having the white noise problems on a brand new 200. I have the same opinion as you with the WiFi, always thought that was asking for trouble.
Despite my problems over last two days I would vote yes as its the most amazing sound I have ever heard from my gear ever, and that is what is the most important thing.
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
I voted yes. Although I do have some gripes, they don't affect my day-to-day enjoyment of the 400 unless I think about the lack of communication/progress from Devialet.

I use AIR but the connection to the 400 is wired Ethernet and I only stream 16/44.1; I do get some short drop-outs but only very rarely (perhaps only once every few weeks). Touch wood...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I voted yes because I have experienced no problems with my 200 and it sounds superb. However, I am nervous that upgrading my Mac to Yosemite or my 200 to a 400 might introduce the sort of problems with white noise and the configurator that others have reported
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
Phil, you may be nervous but at least your wallet can sleep easily then Smile
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
I own Phantoms, no Expert system and I'm satisfied with Devialet despite problems with Spark. The software fails on large music libraries stored either on PC or NAS. However, it works quite well with Qobuz streaming. Improvements on Meta data and hopefully on the catalogueing introducing generes and working playlists are announced. Also the optical input on the Phantoms works well. So I have a lot of joy listening.
I love my D200. Been enjoying it since Mar 6 when it was first played. It's initial white noise problem (now I can't recall with AIR or USB) never occur again. However, AIR drop out with 24-bit media still persists. This could be due to my low resources Win Tablet PC.

In any case, as more hours burning in, my D200 is sounding better by the day.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

I voted yes. I love the sound quality and the flexibility. I don't use wireless and I use AIR only once in a while. I do think Devialet the company could use a kick in the behind, though.
Devialet 200 <> Bowers & Wilkins 805 Diamond <> Aurender N100 <> Clearaudio Concept MC <> Audioquest Rocket 44/Coffee USB

The Netherlands
I vote 'Still undecided'. I came close to voting 'No'. My unit has a possible fault which makes it inconsistent, and despite a component being replaced it hasn't really fixed it. It could be something else and not the Devialet at all, but I can't really see how. I also suffer the AIR white noise/dropout issues with wired/wireless ethernet from either Mac or PC sources. I don't use AIR and I don't think it's the best source from a sound quality perspective but it would be nice to have the option at least. Despite the customer service rep's best efforts, I find them a difficult company to deal with too.