Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
using input 1 on companion
i am having trouble getting any sound using input 1 on the slave unit,has anyone got any suggestions
(24-Mar-2015, 05:16)dylanttt Wrote: i am having trouble getting any sound using input 1 on the slave unit,has anyone got any suggestions

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Well, take a close look at your configuration as you perhaps missed to enable that function. Talking about input 1 I guess you mean Dig 1, or? 
Do both units play? Do you use AES/EBU input then I am not sure you could use input 1. Input 1 is the one to hook up the companion with the master if not using AES/EBU.

But with regards to the hidden configurator glitches specially for mono set up my comments above may be useless.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
Hi,

I assume that you have a 3.5mm cable running between the two Dev's? If not, this could be your problem.

Regards
Gavin
(24-Mar-2015, 16:49)Gavin @ Guildford Audio Wrote: Hi,

I assume that you have a 3.5mm cable running between the two Dev's? If not, this could be your problem.

Regards
Gavin

Correct this one is a must if you want to use the companion inputs. I don't any longer as master covers my need. I also run the AES/EBU input on the companion so I can't use any in/output except subwoofer out, I think.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
thanks for the replies,I have a 3.5 cable running between the 2,and using digital 1 on both units to connect the master to the slave.But would like to use the line 1 on the slave unit if that is possible.as i am using line 1 and 2 on the master