Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most effective tweak so far
(25-Mar-2015, 18:50)GuillaumeB Wrote:
(24-Mar-2015, 21:32)Kunter Wrote: Hi guys...

Today, after couple of hours work, I had an electrician lay a dedicated power cable to my listening room. 

Now the system has its own fuse, a regular 20amp Siemens, and 10 m long Neothech NEP 3200 feeding the Torus Isolation Transformer directly.

It is like listening to a whole different system now. 

If you have the chance to do something like this, strongly recommended. This is by far the best money I spent on my system.

The cable is not cheap, and I really cannot comment whether it is the best option since I did not have the chance to try anything else. 

Explanation from vhaudio:

The Neotech NEP-3200 is a 9AWG UP-OCC (ohno continuous cast) Copper AC power cable, that uses 16 solid copper wires that are each 17 AWG. Each of these solid core wires is individually insulated with FEP (fluoropolymer) insulation. Each wire is woven around a fiber-filled PVC core to maintain structural integrity, and minimize conductor movement. The Neotech NEP-3200 is among the best bulk cables on the market, and is especially ideal for high current amplifiers, as well as feeding power strips or line conditioners. Use the 6 red color-coded conductors for 'hot', 6 blue conductors for 'neutral', and 4 black conductors for the 'safety ground'. Total O.D. is .614" (15.6mm).

Cheers...

I use bog standard 6mm Twin & Earth wiring and have 8 dedicated mains spurs feeding my hi-fi (each Devialet unit sits on its own circuit). These all connect back to a dedicated hi-fi consumer unit which is completely separate from the house electrics. Each circuit has it's own RCD circuit breaker. 

Might sound a bit OTT until you hear the difference it makes. Perhaps the most cost effective upgrade I have carried out. 

I probably didn't need so many spurs but I wanted to future proof my setup if that makes sense.

Guillaume

I think what you've done makes a lot of sense Guillaume. Bigger cable gives you the extra current when you need it. Kunter's shielded cable would make sense when you have to have it close to other power lines and are afraid of interference along the way.
My new living room is being built as we speak so this thread comes at a good time. Show me your stuff!  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Based on my listening in the last couple of days, I am changing my opinion on this from "tweak" or "upgrade" to "absolute necessity" or even "you should be crazy not to do it" Smile
I am really sorry for the time I lost listening to my system without dedicated mains.
Putting in a high grade power cable, instead of separate electric cabling, I think has the additional benefit of further noise reduction on the way. Ground, neutral and power lines all travel together that whole distance in proper geometry. And yes they are shielded against any interference from neighbour power or worse, data lines (I have tv and Ethernet cables traveling through the walls too).
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Searching now how i can run a similiar at my place. Can i ask where did you get Neotech bulk cable from?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
From my local Neotech dealer. They sell bulk cables as well as finished. It was not available as stock but was delivered in a week.
You can also try VH audio which currently has some discount on these.
Kii Three, dCS Network Bridge, Roon Nucleus, Kuzma (Stabi S, 4Point), Soundsmith StrainGauge, Stromtank, Echole Cables 
Istanbul, Turkey
Kunter bey, thanks.
I sent a PM to you.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk