Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Playing Different Sample Rate FLAC Files on a Mac Via AIR
I think the answer to this question is no, but has anyone figured out a way to play different bit rate FLAC files on a Mac via AIR properly?

As far as I can tell, iTunes is the only program that switches bit depth/sample rate properly via AIR, but iTunes does not support FLAC. I've tried other programs but AIR appears to convert the bit depth and sample rate to what is shown in the AIR app and the sound coming from the 200 is either slowed down or sped up. If the file is the same as what is shown in the AIR app it sounds fine.
Take a look at Pure Music software, it does exactly that.

Cheers!

L

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBPro 2008 > Dev 120 > KEF LS50. Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina.
(27-Mar-2015, 18:26)LBameule Wrote: Take a look at Pure Music software, it does exactly that.

Cheers!

L

Thanks for the tip. I tried the demo and it does work, but not reliably for me. AIR often crashes, Pure Music occasionally crashes, and 24/192 sputters. I'm not sure if this is an AIR issue or a network issue, but for now I guess I'll stick with USB.
Sorry to hear that, it works flawlessly in my setup... OS X 10.7.5, ITunes, etc. Something to try is enlarging the buffer and turning off memory-thirsty options like gapless playing. If things turn better, then start turning on those same options one by one until the old issues appear again. Oh, and let Devialet's support know what was troubling you: it looks like they need any help they can receive.

Cheers!

L