Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Adjust SAM Level?
How do I adjust the level/percentage of SAM in use? I read that it can be adjusted but can't figure out how. . .I have reassigned my mute button for SAM on/off and not sure if that is impacting something?
I think that if you press the lower right button, about 5 o'clock, it will cycle through balance, bass, treble then SAM. The big knob then adjusts the SAM percent. One more press and you're out. Press and hold that button and you get through all the technical info and equipment settings and info.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
I get balance, bass, treble only. No SAM?
I assume that you are in the advanced configurator, and that you have saved a configuration of some sort. The power button,at the top, and the source button, at the 7 o'clock positions are at the default functions. Button #2 is set for SAM on/ off, and then button #3 is set for balance/ tone? Like this? Odd that the fourth press of the #3 button doesn't show the sam setting. 

Have you updated to the latest firmware? I think that the SAM adjustment was removed and then returned. I bought my D120 in Feb and did the update when I got it home. 

Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
Yes, what you have in the screen shot is how I have it configured. I am at 7.1.1.
Hmmm.... you have me stumped. One thing I did not notice initially is that when the Configurator comes up, it defaults to the D200; it took me a while to notice that and change it to be a D120 (which is what I have). Any chance that is the situation with you?

Does the SAM 'on or off' button work to turn SAM on or off? ; does it show on or off in the display when you press the central bottom button?
Damon
Vancouver, Canada
I used to be able to tune the SAM amount via the tone/balance button. But after I set the button to Pre-out on/off switch, I had to hold the Mute button for tone/balance. But this way, SAM setting will not appear.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Install the latest software even if it is the same number you already have. That did it for me. Had the same issue. Devialet updates software without raising the version number sometimes.
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(29-Mar-2015, 08:19)iamwappie Wrote: Install the latest software even if it is the same number you already have. That did it for me. Had the same issue. Devialet updates software without raising the version number sometimes.

What software?
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(29-Mar-2015, 08:19)iamwappie Wrote: Install the latest software even if it is the same number you already have. That did it for me. Had the same issue. Devialet updates software without raising the version number sometimes.

How do I "reinstall".  I download the folder 7.1.1 onto the card, put it into the D200 and press the front for 5 seconds.  It says restarting but never indicates that it is updating software.