Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Adjust SAM Level?
(29-Mar-2015, 16:23)actx76092 Wrote:
(29-Mar-2015, 08:19)iamwappie Wrote: Install the latest software even if it is the same number you already have. That did it for me. Had the same issue. Devialet updates software without raising the version number sometimes.

How do I "reinstall".  I download the folder 7.1.1 onto the card, put it into the D200 and press the front for 5 seconds.  It says restarting but never indicates that it is updating software.  

Unplug and replug the power cord. Then it will install the firmware. I discovered that today, I had the same problem as you.
Dedicated Mains >Crystal Standard Power Cables >Aurender X100L >Locus Design Essentia USB >D200 >Siltech 330L >Dynaudio C1 Signature
Montréal

(30-Mar-2015, 14:12)actx76092 Wrote: SOLVED.  

Turns out there were several items that contributed to the issues - thanks for everyone's help.  

1.  Install the latest firmware (even though what was displayed on my D200 was the same version number of the download).
2.  You must enable a button for SAM on/off.  This is key.  Without this, apparently SAM will be on but you can't turn it on/off OR adjust the level.

I had originally did #2 then when I did #1 I did not also do #2.. .

Gentlemen - Feeling like novice/Fresher once again. I need help on this topic. I m experimenting on SAM enablement.

1) What do you guys mean firmeware update? when i clicked download it downloaded a zip file and i un-zipped it to a folder called 7.1.1. do i copy this file onto the SD card as it ? Because i don't see any folder on the SD card of similar folder nor there is a .exe file to install etc.

2) I could configure Mute button to SAM on/off thats visible however the %SAM on the right most button is still not visible on toggling. 

3) so once we use Mute button to SAM on/off we loose the mute capability ?
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
Ipad Mini 4/iPhone for Roon Remote"
found it ...
https://help.devialet.com/entries/340103...r-Devialet
Rock OS (Roon) on NUC 2016 Model (ETH Wired to Router) > Cat8 from Router to switch to 220Pro (CI) > RAAT/AIR > Monitor Audio PL300 II
I have to confess - I dont think I got it.

POWER OFF - D120; remove SD Card
1) Delete all Files from the SD (basically except for some .system files i dont see anything on it anyways)
2) Copy all 17 files for firmeware 7.1.1, from Devialet Site to the SD card
3) insert SD Card into D120 and POWER ON
4) After setup is completed ... power OFF D120 once again, remove the SD CARD
5) Delete all the 17 files and copy the "dp_cfg.txt" configuration file to SD card
6) Re-insert to Devialet and power on once again ?

or should the 17 files can co-exists along with "dp_cfg.txt" for POWER-ON for firmware upgrade?
I've found that for the firmware upgrade to work, there must be nothing at all on the SD card other than the Devialet firmware files.  In particular:
- no dp_cfg.txt
- no system files (even if they are .files, normally invisible, they have to be deleted)

(My experience is only based on using a Mac to prepare the SD card; it may differ on Windows.)

This does seem an unnecessarily fragile and surprising part of the process.
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
On Mac I don't see anything thing meaning no .files.

But on PC I see few. Okay I will ctrl-a <delete> and copy those 17 files. ( will try once I reach home)
Firmware upgrade done. Now i powered off my deviate, removed the SD card for configuration.

Now should I delete all 17files and then do the "dp_cfg.txt" ?

BTW i m doing this on MacBook Air. don't wanted the confusion of .files visible on a PC.
Its done. what kind of upgrading system is this ... Sad Sorry for troubling you people. I m so nervous trying these things .. anyways. will try out the SAM today Smile.
Jnan,

Its not troubling anyone; the process is not always clear, and I'm sure others will get some benefit from your experiences. I think the step-by-step process you described will be useful for others.

I've been trying different SAM profiles for the various speakers I still have. Changing the configuration file seems to be very easy. I'm also on a Mac. I put the SD card in the Mac, do a cmd-all, delete the files, and then empty the trash. Then I copy the new config file to the card, and just put it back in the Dev. No restart or power cycle required.

I think the Dev wants a very clean SD card, so any leftover files, or duplicate items will create a problem.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
With the new 7.1.1 FW, you will not be able to change the SAM% with the tone button anymore. This can only be done when you assign a SAM on/off button.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier