Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Input "blinking" but no sound
I am trying to hook up my cable box to my devialet for the rare time I watch tv. I connect a digital coax (or toslink) from the cable box into the devialet which is configured for "digital input" and the input indicator on the D200 blinks but no sound. If I pull the cable it goes to orange which means "no cable". What does blinking mean?
Maybe it means the 200 can't synchronise with the signal from your cable box? Just a guess...
Roon (Mac Mini), Wilson Benesch Full Circle, Expert 1000 Pro CI, Kaiser Chiara
Warwickshire, UK
(29-Mar-2015, 10:06)thumb5 Wrote: Maybe it means the 200 can't synchronise with the signal from your cable box?  Just a guess...

You can try to change the output signal on your TV receiver box. The Devialte does not play a Dolby Digital input stream. See, if you
can change the Audio setting on the TV box to 'PCM Stereo' or check, if you have an option to deactive DD.
---
Devialet Expert 220 pro (Upgrade from LE 120), SAM on (100%), DPM off
USB
Macbook Air (4GB RAM), 2TB SSD via Thunderbolt
Audirvana+ 3.x in iTunes-Mode
KEF LS50
Russ Andrews YellO Power to wall socket
Russ Andrews X6 Block
(29-Mar-2015, 20:14)knud0 Wrote:
(29-Mar-2015, 10:06)thumb5 Wrote: Maybe it means the 200 can't synchronise with the signal from your cable box?  Just a guess...

You can try to change the output signal on your TV receiver box. The Devialte does not play a Dolby Digital input stream. See, if you
can change the Audio setting on the TV box to 'PCM Stereo' or check, if you have an option to deactive DD.

This was the issue. Thanks.