Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No longer looking
Was Looking for a D200. Now found one.
There's a 120 on eBay UK (devon)...
Why not go on a day trip to Paris to get a new one and take advantage of the exchange rate?
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

(31-Mar-2015, 10:32)DelaneyB Wrote: There's a 120 on eBay UK (devon)...
Why not go on a day trip to Paris to get a new one and take advantage of the exchange rate?

Thanks, yeah have got my eye on that one!  I've already considered a trip to Paris since I have a Eurostar ticket that needs using anyway, so that is very likely what I'll do (calling ahead first I guess just to make sure).

Just need to do a bit more reading here on what source, since I was hoping to remove my mac mini (from the lounge, if not the equation), and use ethernet into the Devialet but I'm getting the impression this may not be as good SQ-wise…?  Am new to the site so have a lot of reading to do….
(31-Mar-2015, 10:46)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(31-Mar-2015, 10:32)DelaneyB Wrote: There's a 120 on eBay UK (devon)...

Thanks, yeah have got my eye on that one!  I've already considered a trip to Paris since I have a Eurostar ticket that needs using anyway, so that is very likely what I'll do (calling ahead first I guess just to make sure).

Just need to do a bit more reading here on what source, since I was hoping to remove my mac mini (from the lounge, if not the equation), and use ethernet into the Devialet but I'm getting the impression this may not be as good SQ-wise…?  Am new to the site so have a lot of reading to do….

Hi Hifi_swlon welcome to Devialet Chat. It sounds like a trip to Paris is a no-brainer then.

Regarding sources please note that the Devialet is not a streamer, you still need a PC or Mac or other device to "push" music data to the Devialet. You'll find a ton of info to trawl through on here  Wink No easy answers I'm afraid, since each method has its pros and cons.

Cheers

Guillaume
Industry disclosure: UK distributor for Shunyata Research

220 PRO, totaldac d1 server with additional external power supply, totaldac d1-seven, Echole PSU for Totaldac, Wilson Audio Sasha 2, Shunyata Research cables, Shunyata Hydra Alpha A10 + DPC-6 v3, Various Entreq ground boxes and cables, Entreq Athena level 3 rack, 2 X SOtM sNH-10G with sCLK-EX + 10MHz Master Clock input + sPS-500 PSU, i5 sonicTransporter w/ 1TB SSD

UK
Yes, either a Mini or something to stream. I settled on a Moon MiND, but LOTS of options...
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire 'toilet seat' acrylic rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to fine line stylus

(31-Mar-2015, 10:59)GuillaumeB Wrote: Hi Hifi_swlon welcome to Devialet Chat. It sounds like a trip to Paris is a no-brainer then.

Regarding sources please note that the Devialet is not a streamer, you still need a PC or Mac or other device to "push" music data to the Devialet. You'll find a ton of info to trawl through on here  Wink No easy answers I'm afraid, since each method has its pros and cons.

Cheers

Guillaume

Thanks!

I'm currently using a Mac/Audirvana+ into Chord Hugo now, so that would be my starting point to get me going. That said, I was disappointed to learn Devialet didn't have that side sorted out - it seems like it would have been the perfect candidate bearing in mind their design skills etc. I was really hoping to finally find a nice slick UI to control Qobuz and my local library seamlessly - a plan that has failed on my Mac, and an experimental Raspberry Pi 2. Everything on the market that I've looked at seems either poorly designed (electronics and/or control interface), very expensive for what it is, and services restricted by the manufacturer that may or may not tally with your own needs. or a combination of all of those things.

Then at the weekend I noticed on the Devialet website - 'Spark' and 'Dialogue'. Is the plan that these will become exactly what I'm looking for?

in the meantime I'm happy with the Mini in that it works - albeit not controlled from a single interface - but I was hoping to move it out of the lounge and wall mount the Devialet, which wont be possible if it needs a USB connection still.

Perhaps I should read the information on these forums first, and redirect my questions outside of my wanted thread!