Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
News from Devialet - Promising?
(12-Apr-2015, 00:31)Confused Wrote: There is talk of Fletcher–Munson curves being included in the Phantom.  In my view, this would be an excellent addition to the expert range, maybe combined with SAM.  This could be a real game changer if implimented properly.

I do hope we Expert liners will benefit from the learnings Dev had with the Phantom range. Why not point this towards Devialet to get their attention just to make sure it gets considered.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(12-Apr-2015, 20:55)f1eng Wrote:
(12-Apr-2015, 00:31)Confused Wrote: There is talk of Fletcher–Munson curves being included in the Phantom.  In my view, this would be an excellent addition to the expert range, maybe combined with SAM.  This could be a real game changer if implimented properly.

It would probably have to be part of SAM since the exact speaker sensitivity needs to be known to know at what volume level each shape of correction curve is appropriate.
T'would be interesting indeed.

I don't know how it could be done conveniently for the following reason:
The curve to correct would depend not only of the attenuation and RMS but also on the ratio of the SPL during the recording to the dBFS RMS of the recording and possibly the DR etc....

So basically without knowing the desired SPL for 0dBFS (which depends on the recording) how could you pick?
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France