Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie Can't Quite Feed Ethernet Port
Hi All. This is my second post. I haven't yet been able to feed my new Devialet 200 via Ethernet(or WiFi). I've tried searching Devialet support (useless), searching the forums here (too big a haystack), and Googling. My question is apparently too basic:

I connected the Devialet to my router with an Ethernet cable. I installed Devialet Air. When I play anything from, say, iTunes, sound still comes out of the computer--does not seem to be sent to the Ethernet router. I thought Devialet Air would make that connection? Maybe there is some switch in Windows that I need to change to route audio out to Ethernet?

The Devialet seems to connect to the router when the configuration is set to DHCP, but still no sound out of Devialet. (The Devialet app on my iPhone happened to finally connect when I did this, so I'm sure the cable is good.) Per Devialet support page, I reconfigured to "fixed address" ("not critical" per Devialet), but then the app never connects, so I think that is bad or at least incomplete advice. Since "not critical," I didn't change the default fixed address. Maybe that's, uh, critical?

I'm not really trying to use the WiFi since I read of so many glitches. But I can't get my iPhone to send to Devialet either (even when the app can see the Devialet).

I feel like I'm close but just missing some stupid piece of the puzzle everyone else understands. Can anyone point me to a thread or documentation I can work through?

I set Devialet Air to always stream automatically.

The Devialet writeup says: "Ethernet link between the Devialet and the router / WiFi-repeater: This method brings you a more robust and stable network to stream on and saves a large amount of bandwidth. The usage is identical as when using the WiFi input." Direct Ethernet link between the Devialet and your computer: This connection allows you to have a cable length up-to 100m between the Devialet and your computer without a repeater. Note that you must configure the AIR input to a fixed-address (the address is not critical).
I dont use I tunes so I am kind of guessing. Have you set I tunes to use the Dev as the default player?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Chord Qutest -- Niimbus US5 Pro Headphone amp —HifiMan HEK, Abyss 1266TC
Newcastle upon Tyne, England
(27-Mar-2015, 09:58)Womaz Wrote: Daft question maybe but if we all have our CD collection on normal NAS drives now will it be easy to transfer them to the new SDD drives.

At present i have a NAS drive and a back up too, both HDD and some of the new network players now incorporate the hard drives in them now, so often wondered how this would work.

(02-Apr-2015, 11:37)davee Wrote: Hi All. This is my second post. I haven't yet been able to feed my new Devialet 200 via Ethernet(or WiFi). I've tried searching Devialet support (useless), searching the forums here (too big a haystack), and Googling. My question is apparently too basic:

I connected the Devialet to my router with an Ethernet cable. I installed Devialet Air. When I play anything from, say, iTunes, sound still comes out of the computer--does not seem to be sent to the Ethernet router. I thought Devialet Air would make that connection? Maybe there is some switch in Windows that I need to change to route audio out to Ethernet?

The Devialet seems to connect to the router when the configuration is set to DHCP, but still no sound out of Devialet. (The Devialet app on my iPhone happened to finally connect when I did this, so I'm sure the cable is good.) Per Devialet support page, I reconfigured to "fixed address" ("not critical" per Devialet), but then the app never connects, so I think that is bad or at least incomplete advice. Since "not critical," I didn't change the default fixed address. Maybe that's, uh, critical?

I'm not really trying to use the WiFi since I read of so many glitches. But I can't get my iPhone to send to Devialet either (even when the app can see the Devialet).

I feel like I'm close but just missing some stupid piece of the puzzle everyone else understands. Can anyone point me to a thread or documentation I can work through?

I set Devialet Air to always stream automatically.

The Devialet writeup says: "Ethernet link between the Devialet and the router / WiFi-repeater: This method brings you a more robust and stable network to stream on and saves a large amount of bandwidth. The usage is identical as when using the WiFi input." Direct Ethernet link between the Devialet and your computer: This connection allows you to have a cable length up-to 100m between the Devialet and your computer without a repeater. Note that you must configure the AIR input to a fixed-address (the address is not critical).

You need to make the Devialet Air the default playback device in the loudspeaker settings on the bottom right of the toolbar. Right click the loudspeaker icon and select playback devices, I usually disable all the ones I will not use.

Nick
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
Or go into the computers sound setting and change the default method to Devialet AIR.?
Devialet 200 -- Roon Nucleus-- Sonus Faber Olympica 2 -- Tellurium Q Black Speaker Cables --
Got it! Changed control panel sound to Devialet Air (a hint on Dev support or in the Air app to do that woulda been welcome). But that wasn't quite enough; also had to restart iTunes for the program to "see" the selection. I can't find a way to pick the output within iTunes, it seems to just follow the control panel selection.

Tidal here I come...

Thanks!
(02-Apr-2015, 12:16)davee Wrote: Got it! Changed control panel sound to Devialet Air (a hint on Dev support or in the Air app to do that woulda been welcome). But that wasn't quite enough; also had to restart iTunes for the program to "see" the selection. I can't find a way to pick the output within iTunes, it seems to just follow the control panel selection.

Tidal here I come...

Thanks!

The start of the Devialet journey can be a little frustrating at first as the documentation and website guidelines are inadequate. This forum is invaluable and without it I would have been lost.

Enjoy the incredible sound of the Devialet Smile