Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
400 to 2x200
Hi,

Can you make two 200 from one 400? How?

There is a second hand 400 on sale nearby. 200 should be enough for me. If I could make two 200's I could keep one and sell the other one.

Cheers...
(02-Apr-2015, 19:48)cansen Wrote: Hi,

There is a second hand 400 on sale nearby. 200 should be enough for me. If I could make two 200's I could keep one and sell the other one.

Cheers...

Hi

You would need to purchase a separate remote (mandatory) along with a D200 manual and D200SD card (optional) which would be special order from your local Devialet dealer.

<SP/DIF out fom Simaudio Moon Eclipse, Devialet D400 Monoblocks with supplied Crystal Cable link, Jamo R909 speakers, Atlas & Ear to Ear cables> 
Laufer Teknik Memory Player - Atlas Mavros S/PDIF x 2 - Mutec MC-3+ USB Reclocker - Sablon Panatella BNC-SPDIF Digital Cable - LampizatOr Big 7 Tube DAC
Ayre Acoustics AX5-Twenty Amplifier - Rockport Technologies Cygnus Loudspeakers - Rel Gibralter G1 Six Pack Subs - Siltech Princess XLR - Ear to Ear Cables and PCs - Canada
(02-Apr-2015, 20:24)MusicFirst Wrote:
(02-Apr-2015, 19:48)cansen Wrote: Hi,

Cheers...

Hi

You would need to purchase a separate remote (mandatory) along with a D200 manual and D200SD card (optional) which would be special order from your local Devialet dealer.

<SP/DIF out fom Simaudio Moon Eclipse, Devialet D400 Monoblocks with supplied Crystal Cable link, Jamo R909 speakers, Atlas & Ear to Ear cables> 

More questions...

1) I hear that a new remote is coming up with display. If so I would like to wait for this. Does any one know when it will come?
2) Is it possible to use the IOS remote control instead of the real remote? At least until the remote with display comes up.
3) Is the SD card you mentioned a standard SD card or a reader?

Thanks
The AIR/wifi module would be missing from the companion also, although I think AIR / Ethernet would work ok?

Not a major issue I guess as the wifi module was an option originally. However, is some kind of wireless receiver needed for the remote? Is this included in the companion?
Hi,

I have a companion 200 and I played this one in stereomode during the summer (moving house at the time). The reason was to break the companion in a bit more in relation to my master (originally a 170). It worked perfect with the control and I just plugged my master SD card in and that was it. Of course I am not dependent on AIR etc.
If AIR is not an issue then all it takes is adding a control.

/M
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
(02-Apr-2015, 21:07)Confused Wrote: The AIR/wifi module would be missing from the companion also, although I think AIR / Ethernet would work ok?

Not a major issue I guess as the wifi module was an option originally. However, is some kind of wireless receiver needed for the remote? Is this included in the companion?

On the latest companions (mine is one) the Ethernet board is removed completely so no control without the remote. Apparently some sneaky people were buying companions and using them on Ethernet with the apps and no remote and saving a pile of money ------ who would have thought !!!!!!!
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(03-Apr-2015, 11:03)NickB Wrote:
(02-Apr-2015, 21:07)Confused Wrote: The AIR/wifi module would be missing from the companion also, although I think AIR / Ethernet would work ok?

Not a major issue I guess as the wifi module was an option originally.  However, is some kind of wireless receiver needed for the remote?  Is this included in the companion?

On the latest companions (mine is one) the Ethernet board is removed completely so no control without the remote. Apparently some sneaky people were buying companions and using them on Ethernet with the apps and no remote and saving a pile of money ------ who would have thought !!!!!!!

I did Smile
I bought the first companion in Sweden if I am not wrong.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I think you would be better off not investing in the extra components. Just sell the slave unit on to someone looking to upgrade from 200 to 400. I might even be interested in buying it myself.