Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 250 - what would be 'next' options in 2024?
Hi,
You can see my system in my signature. I've had the 250 for 10 years this summer. I believe it's as optimised as I can get it without some serious upgrades.
Generally it has given all I wanted from it each time I've upgraded a source e.g from Rega P6 to Vertere DG-1 and various incremental improvements in Audirvana. I'm happy with the Atohm/REL speakers/subs. They don't take up huge room and are very detailed and dynamic with the low end adjustable. The Devialet has been very useful in the phono stage, the quality of AIR streaming and the ability to configure the subs on the line out. However, a decade on I'm wondering if there's more I could get out of the system, particularly since the TT upgrade was such a huge jump and there's more I can do to pimp up the Vertere (PS, cartridge, interconnects, isolators). My digital experience still lacks a little compared to Vinyl, perhaps a slight lack of cohesion and rather flatter soundstage. So if I'm going to ask for an improvement it would be better spatial organisation and a slightly better sense of pace, but quite subtle. Potential to allow further upgrades on the Vertere to show their best would be good.

No immediate plans - likely over the summer, but anyone else thought this through?

Options I see are
1. PRO CI upgrade £3500
2. Add a non- PRO 250 to go dual Mono (occasionally come up) £3500
3. Do both for around £7000
4. Cash in the Devialet and spend £7-8,000 total on 'something else' depending on a listen (Hegel 390, Lingdorf TDAi 3400, Naim 222+250 new series, or Mytek Brooklyn Bridge II + amp)
5. Keep the 250 as it is and add a high end streamer via AES/EBU - numerous choices.
Devialet 250 FW 9.0.1 SOLD
Replaced with Naim NSC222 NPX300 and NAP250 NC

Atohm GT SE1, REL stereo Subwoofers. Atacama stands filled with atabites. Granite speaker stand plinths. Mogami speaker cables, Music Works heavy duty power cable.
Quadraspire Acrylic Reference rack
Sources:
1. Mac Mini 2021 M1
- Qobuz/Audirvana Studio/ Audirvana app on iPad (Via Mac mini)
2. Vertere DG-1 with Magneto upgraded to AT VML540ML fine line stylus and Vertere Phono-1

Messages In This Thread
Devialet 250 - what would be 'next' options in 2024? - by DelaneyB - 22-Feb-2024, 11:17