Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spark app/ pc software issues
I have a dedicated wireless router hooked up to my dialog. I use my PC with the Spark software installed. My music files, mostly flac lossless and 24-bit are stored in this computer.

There are times when I press "play" and "next" but the spark software does not respond. The software shows all my music files correctly, but it has issues playing them and controlling ("next", "prev", "stop" etc).

This also happens in the iPad app. I have some files stored in the iPad (mp3s) and when I press "next", it sometimes does not respond as well.

Anyone encountered this issue? What could be the problem and fix for this?

Thanks!
Yes, something like that happens with mine occasionally. I've found just quitting Spark and restarting sorts it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(02-Nov-2015, 06:17)qwerty_88 Wrote: I have a dedicated wireless router hooked up to my dialog. I use my PC with the Spark software installed. My music files, mostly flac lossless and 24-bit are stored in this computer.

There are times when I press "play" and "next" but the spark software does not respond. The software shows all my music files correctly, but it has issues playing them and controlling ("next", "prev", "stop" etc).

This also happens in the iPad app. I have some files stored in the iPad (mp3s) and when I press "next", it sometimes does not respond as well.

Thanks!

Hi,

I had a same issue with playing music files from Spark. This was regardless if I play music from Android phone internal storage or from windows 7 pc. Spark can read\add music files from Phone's SD card and my windows pc but spark won't play them. When I press play nothing happens and also when I want to play next song Spark is just reading through all my library until it comes to last song and eventually stops.

I have contacted Devialet support regarding my issue, at first they told me that I needed to send bug repport via "> Open Spark / Settings / Devices / Send bug report". After I did that they told me that there was network issue with my Phantoms and I needed to send them further information on my setup, which I did. I haven't heard from them yet.

Tried many different things to solve this but nothing seems to help. The only thing that solves this problem is unplugging both my phantoms from electrical power, but this is only for the short time. It has to be some other workaround then unplugging phantoms each time Spark won't play music? I think this problem is Spark related and\or have something to do with upnp protocol? 

Regards
(03-Nov-2015, 15:25)karebe Wrote:
(02-Nov-2015, 06:17)qwerty_88 Wrote: I have a dedicated wireless router hooked up to my dialog. I use my PC with the Spark software installed. My music files, mostly flac lossless and 24-bit are stored in this computer.

Thanks!

Is there another router in your network? Which one is the DHCP server? Usually the DHCP server in a router is activated by default.

Just 1 wireless router in the network that acts as the DHCP.
(04-Nov-2015, 16:10)qwerty_88 Wrote:
(03-Nov-2015, 15:25)karebe Wrote:

Thanks!

Is there another router in your network? Which one is the DHCP server?  Usually the DHCP server in a router is activated by default.

Just 1 wireless router in the network that acts as the DHCP.

I've had the same problem on occasion. Every time it's happened I play around with things and it eventually starts working. Unfortunately, I don't know why it happened or how I got it resolved. I realize that doesn't help you, but at least you know its not only you that has had the problem. If I have time I'll play around a bit to see if I can replicate the problem and then remember what I do to fix it.