Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1 Gold vs 2 Classic (2000W) after DOS2
(03-Nov-2019, 17:35)daibaron Wrote: You're talking about the sound I was talking about usability, integration...

I took “flawed design” as how the hardware performs.
Never had any issues with my system. Works 100% of the time. Integrates fine however I need it.

I don’t understand how some people have so many issues. There’s only so many ways you can use it and I’ve tried them all and never had an issue. I know that’s only one persons account but with all the negativity I see on here I would think I’d have at least something go wrong.
Sometimes I think it just comes down to the local network, local interference, power strips or points being used, a combination of all, or expectation for the product that has never been in place to start.

If they’re unstable or problematic the ideal way to run them is with PLC in a non-surge protected power strip or point and with the original power cables only, without any extension cords attached whatsoever (direct into the wall socket preferably). With DOS2 this also seems to be the best way, without a Dialogue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
Once again I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.
The software development was lousy and participated to make the whole experience even worse.
Why from the beginning, It was not possible to set the my preferred network as PLC or Wifi and lock this forever ?
For instance... The DOS was sometimes using one Phantom over PLC and the other one over Wifi.
Please excuse my poor reputation
(03-Nov-2019, 17:57)daibaron Wrote: Once again I'm not sure we are talking about the same thing.
The software development was lousy and participated to make the whole experience even worse.
Why from the beginning, It was not possible to set the my preferred network as PLC or Wifi and lock this forever ?
For instance... The DOS was sometimes using one Phantom over PLC and the other one over Wifi.
Are you using a common power strip/board to connect the Phantoms and Dialog?  Mine are and they have worked well using PLC with DOS1. There was 1 time when I had to reset the Phantoms because one went to WiFi but it happened only once. My house power lines are new, which helps.
Tomorrow I will get my Gold replaced with two Classics for a couple of hundred dollars extra. I just hope that they dont increase the price of the Classic last minute tomorrow since the DOS2 is going official.. One more question, how long (hours) do you usually play your speakers before you dare up the volume? I dont know the term in English as I am Norwegian, but basically to let the membrane etc get "stretched" (again, sorry for my bad terminology). Also, will a 16 Amp electricity line/course or whatever its called, be sufficient for two Silvers? I see that the Gold has "10 Amps" marked on the power chord. Thanks!
B&W asks for 80 to 200 hours of listening at normal volumes before pushing the speakers...

And I’m not sure that Premier are drastically better than Reactors...
2 x Phantom Reactor 600W - Stereo
(03-Nov-2019, 23:15)Jm93 Wrote: Tomorrow I will get my Gold replaced with two Classics for a couple of hundred dollars extra. I just hope that they dont increase the price of the Classic last minute tomorrow since the DOS2 is going official.. One more question, how long (hours) do you usually play your speakers before you dare up the volume? I dont know the term in English as I am Norwegian, but basically to let the membrane etc get "stretched" (again, sorry for my bad terminology). Also, will a 16 Amp electricity line/course or whatever its called, be sufficient for two Silvers? I see that the Gold has "10 Amps" marked on the power chord. Thanks!
According to Devialet you can play at full volume from the first minute. A 16A fuse is more than sufficient.
Gratulerer med nye høyttalere! Tror du kommer til å bli svært fornøyd.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(31-Oct-2019, 11:17)Jm93 Wrote: I really need help with deciding if I will use the 50 day return policy for my 1 Gold Phantom and get 2 Classic for almost the same price since I can't afford a new Gold Phantom as of now. After the recent update for the Premier line, the Classic got a new max max peak of 2000W and 103 dB. Anyone have any ideas if the sound of the Classic is now even closer to the Gold?

Kind regards Jonatan.

Hi JM93, a Classic stereo is always better than Gold mono.
In particular because now Classic is 2000W.

The same answer for a stereo reactor vs Phantom premier mono

In any case a gold stereo is the best set  Big Grin
Stereo Rector 600 - Silver Phantom - Gold Phantom
(03-Nov-2019, 23:15)Jm93 Wrote: Tomorrow I will get my Gold replaced with two Classics for a couple of hundred dollars extra. I just hope that they dont increase the price of the Classic last minute tomorrow since the DOS2 is going official.. One more question, how long (hours) do you usually play your speakers before you dare up the volume? I dont know the term in English as I am Norwegian, but basically to let the membrane etc get "stretched" (again, sorry for my bad terminology). Also, will a 16 Amp electricity line/course or whatever its called, be sufficient for two Silvers? I see that the Gold has "10 Amps" marked on the power chord. Thanks!
Hi JM93

Hope you got in there quick - there has been a price increase for the Classic on the UK website - that happened pretty quick!

kantblue
@Jm93
You should buy the speakers from a Norwegian retailer, I don't think there has been a price increase yet and you'll get 5 years limited warranty, reklamasjonsrett. You won't get that when buying directly from Devialet. StereoFil still sells the Classic for 16k NOK. Just make sure it's the newest version and not refurbished.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
@Jm93 I think Classic price went up 10% on Devialet website?