Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Controlling a Melco NA1
The index takes a while to be received in full at the control point. The control point gradually loads up so, for instance, after one minute a given performer's virtual folder may host two of their albums - a minute later three and so on. 

Thus, it is not possible to decide to listen to Alvin and the Aardvarks' Greatest Hits, simply select it in the control point and play. I have to wait until Alvin and the Aardvarks' Greatest Hits appears in the listing. I am are not talking seconds here. It takes several, sometimes many, minutes to populate the control point.

I do not understand why an index can't be stored in the tablet and accessed immediately by the control point - as happens with the Sonos products. The index could then be refreshed electively only when the user has acquired new music.

It may be that Lightning DS will allow this but, having invested, and having had invested by Simon, much effort in getting Minimwatch/server running, I would like to benefit fully from it.

Fraser
I started writing a post and closed the window by mistake - duh.  Yes, unfortunately the Lumin app (on iOS only I think) is the only one I can think of that indexes. I can't think of any Android ones specifically that do.
I took a quick look using Kinsky to access my music - about 2800 albums, 42000 tracks. I have the top level for albums, items, artists etc. alpha indexed (i.e it shows you A B C etc. for each). Then to drill down through each letter is almost instantaneous. I'll show you the config I use (Minimwatch Properties):

Server settings:
[Image: 3YlLelv.jpg]

Advanced settings:
[Image: 81GJsuz.jpg]

System settings:
[Image: oSANPFI.jpg]
Smile 
I am entirely new to this. I like your way of doing it.

What is the "=100" element in albums and items? Actually, what are 'items'? [Image: smile.gif] No reply required, of course. I shall acquaint myself with the user guide.

As an aside, having lost one or two responses myself, I compose replies outside fora - in Notepad initially, now in OneNote which saves as you type, and then paste the completed submission into the fora.

Fraser