Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Nordost QV2 + QK1
I got one of each (QV2 and QK1) and plug them next to my D120. My D120 has no other power conditioner or filter.  The nordost has negatively impacted my system. Was wondering if anyone had similar experience? Was this unique to me (due to my preference) or devialet doesn't like QV2 or QK1.
(11-Jun-2015, 03:26)warpeon Wrote: I got one of each (QV2 and QK1) and plug them next to my D120. My D120 has no other power conditioner or filter.  The nordost has negatively impacted my system. Was wondering if anyone had similar experience? Was this unique to me (due to my preference) or devialet doesn't like QV2 or QK1.

Hi,

I had similar effect but with Ansuz 'filter' plugs. They made the system undynamic, almost muddled, like putting a sock in the mouth effect.
I brought this up with the Ansuz engineers and their answer was that something is wrong in you system, well it all works perfect without them Wink.
It may be the Devialets, others here on the forum will tell if it was good or not.

I suspected that I had this effect due to that I have a dedicated mains and spur for my system and as such no need to 'tweak' any mains riding noise.

/Mike
Ex D400 Now Aavik U-300/Feickert Woodpecker2-Kuzma 4P-Kondo silver-Benz LPS-Teddy Pardo PSU/Naim Unitiserve-Teddy Pardo PSU/SF Guarneri Homage/Whole system decoupled by Ansuz DTC/Cables from Ansuz, DYI and other commercial/Dedicated mains and spur-Lampizator SILK
I also had a dedicated mains. I was chatting with my other friend about this. He had similar experience with lyngdorf. He suspect class d amps is very sensitive to certain power conditioning, may be certain "noise" for class a is important to class d.
(11-Jun-2015, 03:26)warpeon Wrote: I got one of each (QV2 and QK1) and plug them next to my D120. My D120 has no other power conditioner or filter.  The nordost has negatively impacted my system. Was wondering if anyone had similar experience? Was this unique to me (due to my preference) or devialet doesn't like QV2 or QK1.

I tried a Qv2 with my setup and couldn't hear/notice any difference (good or bad). Then I contacted Nordost and they told me that these units are meant to work in pairs. That is 2 x Qv2 or 2 x Qk1. I returned the unit and got a refund.

I might try the Shunyata Venom Defender, when I get a chance.