Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 120 via USB/AIR occassionally making skipping sounds
Does anyone here ever get weird digital skipping noises via either USB or AIR with their Devialet Expert system? I seem to see the problem occur from time to time, especially after an hour or two of playback.

Temps, and all other bits in the Devialet status menu look normal so at a loss as to why I see the issue.
Do a search for "white noise". There you'll find plenty of similar reports of causes and fixes.
Me, I just turn off the amp and turn it straight back on again and that sorts it out for another hour or so.
(23-Feb-2016, 12:05)dogbait Wrote: Does anyone here ever get weird digital skipping noises via either USB or AIR with their Devialet Expert system? I seem to see the problem occur from time to time, especially after an hour or two of playback.

Temps, and all other bits in the Devialet status menu look normal so at a loss as to why I see the issue.

If you've read around Devialetchat for even a few mins you'll know all about AIR - plenty to find here.Wink

But there shouldn't be any similar problem on USB. That sounds more likely to be a software issue, general network playback issue (i.e. can't get data fast enough from NAS or whatever), or possibly a hardware fault. I did have this fault with my 200 (along with other things) and it was replaced, although I believe the streaming board only needs to be replaced if it is the problem.

Whats the rest of your setup, what software etc are you using? With a bit more info others might be able to help.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Yes have them. THey seem to start when my laptop hosting Roon and AIR goes into a powersaving state. If this occurs switching sources until back with AIR again solves the issue and ofcours disabling all powersaving modes does also. Hope this helps
Devialet 220 Expert Pro CI | Sonus Faber Olympica II | Crystal cable speaker cables, interlink and power cables | ROON Rock on Intel NUC | Netherlands
(24-Feb-2016, 11:36)Hifi_swlon Wrote: If you've read around Devialetchat for even a few mins you'll know all about AIR - plenty to find here.Wink

But there shouldn't be any similar problem on USB.  That sounds more likely to be a software issue, general network playback issue (i.e. can't get data fast enough from NAS or whatever), or possibly a hardware fault.  I did have this fault with my 200 (along with other things) and it was replaced, although I believe the streaming board only needs to be replaced if it is the problem.

Whats the rest of your setup, what software etc are you using?  With a bit more info others might be able to help.

Thanks for all the replies.

Yep did see references to noise with AIR but didn't see any mention of issues with USB. Fingers crossed it's not a hardware problem.

USB connectivity path is:
Devialet 120 -> Schiit Wyrd -> Macbook Pro

Music files data path is all Gigabit Ethernet:
ZFS NAS server (AFP) hosting iTunes library -> Macbook Pro running iTunes

Probably things to test are Devialet 120 straight to the Macbook and music played via local storage.

So far Devialet are being fairly helpful via support to help figure things out. Will update this post once I know more.