Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1pc. Phantom1 or 2pcs. Phantom2 reactor which should I buy?
Exclamation 
Hello friends,

Thank you for accepting me here in the forum.
I have been wanting to buy the devialet for a long time 
and finally
I am now in the position to do so.

The cost of 1pc. phantom1 is almost equal to the cost of 2pcs of phantom2 reactor,
Should I buy the 1 pc phantom1 and maybe wait for 2~3 years before I can finance another one
or buy the 2pc. phantom 2 reactor now for a true stereo setup?

Appreciate your thoughts!

Cheers!
Phantom II can only generate 90% performance of Phantom I at best, it is still very enjoyable but 10% difference is huge for audiophile.

But talking about stereo performace is another matter. Always look for a stereo setup for phantom, you will know the difference which a single one is not for serious listening. I'll say a duo Phantom II setup is more reasonable for your case, and use them until you can upgrade into two Phantom I together at the same time.
Hi

Always go for stereo.

Devialet is occasionally selling refurbished Phantom classics. You could shave off some of the costs.

If you budget is already stretched, check the KEF LS50 wireless 2. They sound great, although they don’t go as deep in the base region.

Good luck with your search
KEF LS50 has no bass according to devialet standard, LS50 vocal is more sexy I'll say
(25-Apr-2023, 04:55)oldschooler Wrote: Hello friends,

and finally

The cost of 1pc. phantom1 is almost equal to the cost of 2pcs of phantom2 reactor,
Should I buy the 1 pc phantom1 and maybe wait for 2~3 years before I can finance another one

Cheers!

I’m the happy owner of a stereo pair Phantom II for over a year now.  

Last summer I bought a single Phantom I for a different room and just out of curiosity compared the single Phantom I vs stereo Phantom II in my living room. 
The difference is huge. I would never ever want to have a single Phantom only. 

Some people on this forum said 2 Phantoms are 4x as good as one. I completely agree now after owning them for this much time. In the beginning I was wondering the same thing as you Smile

Get 2 Phantom II now and upgrade to Phantom I when you have the money. 
Devialet give great exchange rates through their Elevate program. 
After 1 year my Phantoms are still worth 1000€ each (1290€ new) according to Devialet, so you wouldn’t loose much money.
2x Phantom II 98db
True stereo will always best mono for critical listening. I use two Phantom I for my stereo setup. However I do use one Phantom II for the kitchen and one in the home gym. Perfect.
2 Channel Power / Signal Path: APC H15 → Mistral Audio W-3900 → Custom Roon Server → Silent Angel Bonn N8 → Silent Angel Forester F1 → miniDSP SHD Studio → Mutec MC-3+ USB → Devialet Phantom I 108dB

Headphone iFi Audio iDSD Signature → Grado GS1000i
(29-Apr-2023, 09:36)Jann Wrote:
(25-Apr-2023, 04:55)oldschooler Wrote: Hello friends,

and finally

Cheers!

I’m the happy owner of a stereo pair Phantom II for over a year now.  

Last summer I bought a single Phantom I for a different room and just out of curiosity compared the single Phantom I vs stereo Phantom II in my living room. 
The difference is huge. I would never ever want to have a single Phantom only. 

Some people on this forum said 2 Phantoms are 4x as good as one. I completely agree now after owning them for this much time. In the beginning I was wondering the same thing as you Smile

Get 2 Phantom II now and upgrade to Phantom I when you have the money. 
Devialet give great exchange rates through their Elevate program. 
After 1 year my Phantoms are still worth 1000€ each (1290€ new) according to Devialet, so you wouldn’t loose much money.
I agree,  I bought a pair of phantom 1 for the living room and later a pair of phantom 2 for the bedroom. I found I listen most often in the bedroom since it is the quieter place, and I would say in a small to medium room a pair of phantom 2 sounds just as good, or I would say is just as musically enjoyable, certainly better than a single phantom 1. If you want to upgrade, buy them legs, they will sound even better.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac