Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Finally my patience has run out
When I mentioned earlier going to a wired configuration, I should have indicated a switch -or a router, but a switch should suffice- that would allow to bring the dialog, both phantoms, and the source (airport in this case) on the same network. The optical can then be used for TV.

It took me month to get the ethernet power plugs right at home, and moving from 200 Mb/s to 500 Mb/s was a nightmare.
Good luck.
Qobuz/Sonos/D200/GT1 SE (offered to my father, who enjoys it every day)
2 Phantom Reactor 600 and Spotify Premium
I feel your pain, I am having very similar issues, if Devialet do not resolve the issue within the next week mine too will be returned. I didn't pay this sort of money for a system to be a beta tester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-Nov-2015, 23:18)Adams Wrote: I feel your pain, I am having very similar issues, if Devialet do not resolve the issue within the next week mine too will be returned. I didn't pay this sort of money for a system to be a beta tester.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My patience is momentarily back. After a chat with devialet I decided to give it one more chance and went for the fully wired solution. For now everything is perfect. Hopefully it will stay that way. I don't want to let them go because when it works the sound is phenomenal???
(06-Nov-2015, 20:05)eibet Wrote:
(06-Nov-2015, 19:15)msg Wrote: Eibet, not knowing much about the electronics, I wonder whether the power strip you are using is causing or contributing to the problem. Others have said that the surge protection and/or filtering in the power strip might interfere with the PLC. Given my lack of knowledge of electronics, this is just a wild guess.

I've got two Phantoms and a Dialog with an Airport Express connected to the optical input of the Dialog. Initially I had the Dialog and Airport Express in the same room as my wireless router with the phantoms in the adjacent room. This set-up was unreliable. I then moved the Dialog and the Airport Express into the same room as and near to the Phantoms. I plugged the power cables of the Dialog and Phantoms into the same extension cord (not a power strip). My system is now configured as follows (with the items in each set of brackets in the same room):

[cable modem <--ethernet--> powerline adapter] <--house circuitry--> [powerline adapter <--ethernet--> Dialog <--optical--Airport Express]

I've had no problems since, and I'm now running the latest firmware and Spark software. Hope that helps.
Thank you for replies and suggestion. Came home today and I think Devialet heard my cries. Everything seems to be in somewhat working order. Spark works, no dropouts, phantom was still online. Incroyable.
Whoops! Not that it likely matters anymore, but I see I left out my router in the description of my setup (in case anyone wants to try and duplicate it):

[cable modem <--ethernet--> wireless router <--ethernet --> powerline adapter] <--house circuitry--> [powerline adapter <--ethernet--> Dialog <--optical--Airport Express]
Makes me sad to read about all these issues, must be very frustrating after such a big purchase.

My only tip is to make sure the wireless router is in the same room (close 5meters max) from the speakers and dialog.

I have no issues with wireless playing (no TOS or bluetooth here). All music is flac files stored on a disk connected to a Mac Mini.

Dialog & Mac Mini are connected to the AirPort Extreme. Speakers are wireless. No issues so far. I play maybe 4-6 hours per day, as much as I am allowed to by my wife.
(12-Nov-2015, 14:55)hydr Wrote: Makes me sad to read about all these issues, must be very frustrating after such a big purchase.

My only tip is to make sure the wireless router is in the same room (close 5meters max) from the speakers and dialog.

I have no issues with wireless playing (no TOS or bluetooth here). All music is flac files stored on a disk connected to a Mac Mini.

Dialog & Mac Mini are connected to the AirPort Extreme. Speakers are wireless. No issues so far. I play maybe 4-6 hours per day, as much as I am allowed to by my wife.

For me the almost the same, no problems and i play with toslink to one phantom from tv and at that way i have for now ( waiting for devialet internet radio) radio listening.
I stream in high-res from qobuz ( for me the best sounding from the 3)
And i also stream wireless flac files from my MacBook pro without any problems

From my modem(inactiv for wireless) wired to netgear R7000 and from there wired to the dialog and then wireless to the 2 silver phantoms and one of the phantoms is connect by toslink from tv. Everything in the same room and thats all