Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
App connection
Does no one here have any time in their lives?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
(28-May-2015, 14:02)iamwappie Wrote: Thanks all for answering. I see that most have the same issue. Those who have a dedicated network don't seem to have it. At least in comforts me that it's not my setup that is the problem.

I have maybe 15 devices connected to my Wifi network and the Dev connected via ethernet. Don't have any issues with AIR but do have an issue with the app and I question the chosen architecture. It seems to scan the network each time it is started for the presence of a or multiple Devialets. This to me sounds very ineffecient. Why not scan initially or at request and than store the IP address for next time and setup the connection again. This would cover the issue probable for all people who have assigned a static IP address to the Devialet (which I think is a must have). For those with expired DHCP issued addressed a revert to a scan can be performed.

I almost never use the app but have just checked and I have no appreciable delay, 3 secs perhaps. I am using v8 firmware.
I don't have a dedicated network, and what I do have is somewhat messy... I have an iMac, Macbook pro, iPad, iPhone connected wifi and Devialet amp, Meridian Control 15, Oppo 105, Devialet Dialog, Humax TV box connected by ethernet. I am using an Apple Time machine as the wifi point at this end of the house, bridged to another at the other side of the house (by ethernet) so we get wifi signal everywhere.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Mine takes about 5 seconds on a pretty busy network - but I am sure it must be the Devil machine not the network or the iPhone.
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers