Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is this a cheaper alternative to Devialet?
(22-Jun-2015, 02:22)photon Wrote: I'm a D200 owner, but I find this new offering from Nuprime intriguing in it's similar technologies.  If their class A/class D hybrid amp sounds good, then for $995 it might offer the budget shopper a taste of Devialet's sound.

http://www.nuprimeaudio.com/index.php/pa...amps/ida-8

Nothing like a Devialet at all, in either architecture or functionality.
Not to say it may not be a good class-D amp with conventional preamp and DAC in the same box, so in that respect it is just as much an alternative to a Devialet as any other integrated amp might be, but functionally absolutely nothing like it.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Read my "comparison " here.. Its not even close to my D premier...I tried it for a few days and then sold it on.
Brilliant package for the money (was $700 here) tho..

http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,46429.0.html
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room
(06-Aug-2015, 08:11)Rodney Gold Wrote: Read my "comparison " here.. Its not even close to my D premier...I tried it for a few days and then sold it on.
Brilliant package for the money (was $700 here) tho..

http://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,46429.0.html

Did you sell it on before you had a chance to try it on your mate's G2/G3's? 
It would be great to compare it with a 120
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
No, I didn't. It was so far apart from my d premier that there was no point trying it vs a 120 (which has more or less the same sound as the d prem)
If it were close to the devialet in SQ , I might have
I didnt want to pick the ida 8 apart in that forum but it had much worse bass control , a flat single dimension presentation and a shrillness in the high's ..  , I'm not sure what part of the IDA 8 was responsible, the dac/pre or the amp .. but I wasnt gonna waste time trying to find out Smile

great for a 2nd or lesser system but the Dpremier which I bought for round $7000 (2nd hand) is worth the almost 10x the price of the ida 8 for its SQ alone...
Its not a giant killer
Roon/tidal > Squeezebox touch  > Trinnov St2 or DIRAC (minidsp ddrc-22d) > Dual mono D premiers > Vivid Audio Giya G1 Spirits  ...fully treated  dedicated 6x8m room