Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AIFF file format in Spark
Hi all,

Before I purchased my Phantoms, I started to convert most of my iTunes library to AIFF files. Unfortunately, they don't play in the Spark app.
Devialet clearly states the following on their website:

"What File-Format Can Be Played On A Devialet Product

The file-format compatibility depends on the player you use on your computer, most of the common format is supported by popular players including:
Native audio format: WAV, AIFF, DSF, DIFF
Lossless compressed format: ALAC, Flac
Lossy compressed format: MP3, M4A, M4P, etc.
There are some limitations directly linked to the application used. For example, iTunes do not allow the playback of FLAC files. But you can use different software to convert the FLAC files into WAV or AIFF."

Does anyone else have the same problem? 

Greets,
My entire library is in AIFF and I do not have any issues with playback. If I do have issues it's with the Spark app itself, in particular on my Mac. Spark acts quirky sometimes. For example, when I select on an album or a track, nothing happens and it just goes back to the main menu. I find Spark works better running on my iPad or iPhone.
if "The file-format compatibility depends on the player you use on your computer" and the player that i'm using on my computer supports wavpack, DSD or wave64 (or some other phantom unsupported codec/file-type) it should play through bluetooth, toslink or ethernet, right? As long as i'm using the player on my computer i'm all set, yes?
(03-Oct-2016, 12:48)cloudkicker Wrote: My entire library is in AIFF and I do not have any issues with playback. If I do have issues it's with the Spark app itself, in particular on my Mac. Spark acts quirky sometimes. For example, when I select on an album or a track, nothing happens and it just goes back to the main menu. I find Spark works better running on my iPad or iPhone.

I believe this issue is caused by updates to files in iTunes. I notice the same thing that you do, but only after I open iTunes to add files. It is a bit frustrating, but I now make a habit of closing Spark, then making changes in iTunes, and then opening Spark again...and waiting a minute or two for it to "settle" down. After the initial period of Spark finding and indexing the new content, it seems to work fine.
Single Silver Phantom...more to come?
(03-Oct-2016, 11:02)Diplofan9 Wrote: Hi all,

Before I purchased my Phantoms, I started to convert most of my iTunes library to AIFF files. Unfortunately, they don't play in the Spark app.
Devialet clearly states the following on their website:

"What File-Format Can Be Played On A Devialet Product

The file-format compatibility depends on the player you use on your computer, most of the common format is supported by popular players including:
Native audio format: WAV, AIFF, DSF, DIFF
Lossless compressed format: ALAC, Flac
Lossy compressed format: MP3, M4A, M4P, etc.
There are some limitations directly linked to the application used. For example, iTunes do not allow the playback of FLAC files. But you can use different software to convert the FLAC files into WAV or AIFF."

Does anyone else have the same problem? 

Greets,

I have AIFF files in my iTunes library and they work fine using Spark. 
Single Silver Phantom...more to come?