Poll: Which is a better choice ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Option 1
57.14%
4 57.14%
Option 2
42.86%
3 42.86%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice Needed Urgent
(06-Oct-2016, 00:42)Nl88 Wrote: Thanks for all the replies.

@DrMaustus: Good advice! Infact it is actually a livingroom/hometheater combo. And although I wouldn't want mess in the living room, but I guess I'll stick to your advice for future upgradability.

@Xander: Thanks for the advice !

@Pim Van Vliet:I'm avoiding to go the conduit path as I'm trying to conceal every wire. Hence that's why it has to be laid before the whole renovation starts. Great; I'll head for Sonos then. Anyway it's just speakers for toilets & baby's room just for ambience nothing too fancy. Have u tried a sonos link hooked up to the phantoms ? Is there any latency issue ?

@dogbait: wow great "inside info". Seems like I'm now more inclined towards the traditional path ! Thanks mate.

Now, do you guys think that the Devialet phantoms would be enough to power the living/dining/dry kitchen for ambience music in the Option 1 floor plan ? Would it definitely sound better than any in ceiling speakers ?

You can't conceal the conduit?
I've only set up a Sonos set by itself. I've never even seen Phantoms.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Oh yes we can. I'm gna do that!
(07-Oct-2016, 01:31)Nl88 Wrote: Oh yes we can. I'm gna do that!

That's the way to go!

I started my working life as an electrician and am building a new open plan kitchen/living/dining room onto our house. Over my working life so far I've run 4 core telephone cables, then years later replaced them by Cat.5 cables, then Cat.5E, now Cat.6 and/ or optical fibre. I can't predict what the cables of the future are but the past tells me there will be something else and we're all going to want it. So be prepared and your future re-cabling is a breeze. 
I'm making sure there's conduit everywhere and easily accessible cavities. And when I contemplate 'should I put a power point there or not?' I'll just put one in. They are cheap enough and they're not in the way.

Good luck with the building.

Cheers,

Pim
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thank you for the helpful advice !