Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Air 2.13 Windows Final
2.1.4 beta for Windows is also an "old" release. It's been posted in April 2015 in the fabled thread wherein the 3.0 beta for Mac was "leaked": https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/secti...nouncement
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(26-May-2016, 14:55)Confused Wrote: It shows how desperate and deranged all the Windows AIR users have become, we are now reliving and posting about AIR updates and beta versions that happened over a year ago. I think we have all gone quite insane.... Someone will post a shock revelation about white noise and stuttering next.

Haha Big Grin Putting it that way those AIR lusers have surely lost it! Wink Big Grin
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(26-May-2016, 14:40)Hifi_swlon Wrote:
(26-May-2016, 12:04)hk6230 Wrote: There's a 2.1.4beta for Windows now

That's encouraging.

Big Grin Haha I wanted to let him know that 2.1.4 beta is newer then 2.1.3 beta.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

Well, look at the bright side, AIR 3 Beta has been working out really, really well for me as a Mac user. So much so I sold the microRendu. So if you are a Windows user you should have something good to look forward to, hopefully not too far from now.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
That's a quick decision, @baddog. Yes, I'm looking forward to the Window version of AIR3.0 now. My Mac Mini is simply not up to task.
Before: Le200, KEF LS50, AQ Type4, NUC 5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, Win8.1/AIR2.1.3/RoonBridge, MM/AIR3/RoonBridge, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS, AQ NRG-X3

Now: KEF LS50W, NUC5i5RYH/8GB/128GB M.2SSD, Roon, QNAP TS-212P 5TB NAS,iFi iSilencer3.0+DC iPurifier+iPurifier2, Sonos ZP80+SPDIF iPurifier

(27-May-2016, 05:14)baddog Wrote: ...So much so I sold the microRendu. ...

Wow, so AIR3 really is good and stable then.... I keep trying to devote some time to testing it in my setup, but I just never find it - so I wonder if I'll just stick with the Rendu even if it does work. I played with HQplayer up sampling using the NAA feature last night, so I can see there are some uses even if just a bit of fun...

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Gary and Steve, I did have the microRendu for two weeks, so I was able to give it a good listen and was very happy with its sound quality. Were it not for the appearance of AIR3 around the same time, and the ability to compare side by side, so to speak, I would still be using the microRendu. Plus it should be known my bias is the fewer devices, the better. I think either solution would make one happy.

The two things that I would like to see addressed in AIR3 are support for DSD64 via DoP ( right now get the hissing in background during playback with Roon) and the occasional less than a second drop out that occurs once during a listening session every few days.

With all the usually caveats, my system, my room, my ears...Wink
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(27-May-2016, 16:21)baddog Wrote: The two things that I would like to see addressed in AIR3 are support for DSD64 via DoP ( right now get the hissing in background during playback with Roon) and the occasional less than a second drop out that occurs once during a listening session every few days.

Thanks for the feedback baddog - I think for those two reasons I'll hang on to the rendu for now - as much as I'd like to go back the minimalist system originally envisioned, I don't think I'd want to move to AIR on those terms.... not now I've finally got it all working reliably!

Yeah, timings-wise it was a bit of a shock to all of us, but I feel us microRendu buyers somehow subconsciously affected the course of natural events and forced the hand of the 'leaker' at Devialet. Butterfly wings and all that. Looks like the resale will be fine for a while yet so will bide my time I think.

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

As a Win 10 user, I am curious to hear AIR 3 when it becomes available.  But as a uRendu user, I cannot imagine giving up on something that sounds great and *always works* compared to something that will work "most of the time", even if it sounds as good as many have already attested.

I really want to see Devialet knock one out of the park with AIR 3, but as far as I'm concerned, Sonore has already done so with the uRendu.
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA