Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air 3.0.4 - a cure?
Wink 
Hi Folks

Thought I'd post an antidote to the raging Streamer Bored debate  Smile

It concerns issues I've had with Air 3 WiFi and what I believe to be a reliable solution.

I've had dreadful recent (~3 months) issues starting up Air3 (just not working/talking to computer and Dev or inconsistent with a background chorus of clicks). 
I'd even bought another Gigabit switch thinking that was a problem - didn't work. I'm pretty sure my problems started when I foolishly upgraded to OS Sierra on the Mac.

However, I have just found that if I start up the Mac Mini, make sure Roon and Air are running and that iPad Roon is talking to Mac Mini Roon, and THEN fire up the Devialets (start-up on WiFi) everything works first time and every time (over last two weeks).      

So the start-up procedure is: Computer (ensure ROON and AIR are on) >>>> iPad ROON (check it is talking to computer ROON)>>>> Devs (start-up on WiFi).

Now I have two Switches (Netgear and Cisco) which both work..... Dodgy

However, if I switch source and listen to Vinyl, when I go back to Air WiFi it starts to play up again - it's as if once it loses its 'lock' it can't find it again. 

Anyway, be interesting to hear if anyone else can turn a temperamental Air3 experience into a successful one using this start-up procedure.

Kevin
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     
Hi, i ve just set AIR 3.0.4 thru ethernet cable on my macbook pro, and devialet. I disabled wifi on devialet, streaming roon with upsampling to 192kbps, works flawlessly since 12 hours. No dropouts and sounds pretty good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hello, i can confirm the good experiences with air 3.04. I have a ethernet connection between my iMac (Roonserver) and the Devialet. Works since one week without any dropouts or problems. I already sold my auralic aries which i needed before. Still no chance for me to get a stable wifi connection without dropouts and connection losses regardless of start-up procedure.

Peter
Rooncore (macmini) - RoonAir(Ethernet) - Devialet 200 - Manger P1 /
Delos Lyra - Bauer DPS - Devialet 200 - Manger P1 
(13-Apr-2017, 16:12)dunga Wrote: Hello, i can confirm the good experiences with air 3.04. I have a ethernet connection between my iMac (Roonserver) and the Devialet. Works since one week without any dropouts or problems. I already sold my auralic aries which i needed before. Still no chance for me to get a stable wifi connection without dropouts and connection losses regardless of start-up procedure.

Peter

My experience above relates to Air WiFi and not Ethernet - many have had a problem with WiFi mode and I was just wondering if my start-up 'solution' would help them out. I too have never had a problem with Air Ethernet, it just doesn't sound as good in my system as Air WiFi. I feel that when it is wired via an ethernet cable to my switch it sounds a little bit veiled and dynamically softened compared to WiFi.

K
Devialet 1000 Pro; Magico A5 loudspeakers; Metronome T3a Signature CD Transport; dCS Network Bridge; Kuzma M turntable; Kuzma 4Point14 tonearm; Koetsu Sky Blue; Benzmicro LPS; Audioquest Vodka Ethernet; Transparent Reference Digital RCA-RCA; Transparent Reference XL MM2 speaker cable; Transparent Reference mains cable; PS Audio P5 PowerPlant; Artesania and Finite Elemente equipment racks 
North Somerset, UK     
Wifi is so environment temperamental, no single solution will work for everyone.
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2

(13-Apr-2017, 16:59)Dr Tone Wrote: Wifi is so environment temperamental, no single solution will work for everyone.

DrT

I'm not saying it will. I'm just very curious to see if others who have had similar connection problems will get the consistent results I have. A simple experiment to try.

K
North Somerset, UK     
Well, started up the 'wrong way' last night (see original post) and could not get AIR WiFi/ROON to work. Eventually it came on with clicks and pops and stutters.
Shut everything down and restarted the 'right way' - worked first track selected with no issues all evening. We're onto something here!
K
North Somerset, UK     
Had a month or so now of AIR 3.0.4 on a NUC with both Devialets and the NUC on wired Ethernet. Using Roon as the control point. It really is amazing, the best sound I have had in my system coupled with Roon's wonderful software.

Absolutely rock stable (I've probably jinxed it now.....!)
Pink Triangle Anniversary/SME IV/Hana Blue; Intel NUC + Roon ROCK; Devialet 440 Pro CI; Kudos Titan 707 using AXD; Kudos, Chord, Audioquest cables
Dublin, Ireland
this version is running since last sunday. No trouble at all for now. Even when I switch from one album to other one quite quickly. Before I could have troubles.
DEVIALET 400 - RPI3 + DIGIONE picoreplayer - APERTURA ONIRA -
Hello colleagues Smile
I would like to dedicate my Lenovo X250 (Win7 64b, i5, 8Go, SSD) Laptop for business. Air is running perfectly on it.
So my question is, what OS and Hardware are the bes options to run Air, Macbook, PC.. (I can move from PC to Mac if it makes sense).
I would like your feedbacks as I do not know the pros and cons with the new laptop OS availables.
Thanks.
B&W 805d - Athom Zef Max - Devialet D200 - AIR Ethernet - Roon ROCK (NUC8i3BEH + LPSU100) - Qobuz

- FR -