Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Air (Ethernet) Problem
Hello All,

This is my first message and hope all the members of the group is fine and healthy,

I can stream WIFI but not ETH, no sound is coming from my speaker if I switch from WIFI to ETH from computer (and of course change source from Devialet WIFI to ETH also)

Any idea and support is more then welcome
Thank you very much

Details :
Operating System : Windows 10 (Build 1903)
Installed Devialet Air Version on Windows : 3.0.4
Model : LE250
Hardware : 5.0
Sofware : 10.1.0

I can see that on the Air program
Devialet 250-WIFI (IP Number : 192.168.1.2, MAC Address is also available)
Devialet 250-ETH  (IP Number : 192.168.1.3, MAC Address is also available, 10/100 MBPS Connection)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

My only observation: the 250 supports 10/100 Mbps. Are you sure the switch port you use for the Devialet handles negotiations to 100 Mbps? Some of the newer switches only accepts Gigabit speeds.
Are you using a managed switch? Maybe the port can be configured differently?
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
This is my device : https://wdcnet-usa.com/product/onu-gpon-an5506-04-fa/
4 Gigabits ports and there is no way update port speed (at least I could not find any config in the admin panel)
Oh no.
and just see that it support 10/100 Mbit : 4 ports Gigabit 10/100/1000 in the description, so we need to look some where else.
The specs say '4 ports Gigabit 10/100/1000' so that should not be an issue then. Did you check Windows' firewall? Are both wifi and ethernet in the same group on Win10?
If that does not help I suggest you sign up for a Roon trial. Roon has direct support for Devialet's AIR protocol. Best would be to test Roon on a different PC to avoid collision with Devialet's AIR driver. Remember to disable the Devialet AIR driver completely while testing.
If Roon works on both wifi and ethernet, there is something wrong in how Devialet's AIR driver is accessing your network.
Devialetless!
Roon, ROCK/Audiolense XO/Music on NAS/EtherRegen/RoPieee/USPCB/ISORegen/USPCB/Sound Devices USBPre2/Tannoy GOLD 8
250 Pro CI, MicroRendu(1.4), Mutec MC-3+USB
So are you going ethernet to router, then ethernet from router to your Devialet? I hate to state the obvious, but have you swapped ethernet cables to verify you don’t have a bad one?
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(10-Jul-2020, 00:42)mdconnelly Wrote: So are you going ethernet to router, then ethernet from router to your Devialet?  I hate to state the obvious, but have you swapped ethernet cables to verify you don’t have a bad one?

Many thanks for the support !

Well, fiber to router then ethernet cable from router to devialet. So no way to swap cables,

Devialet can able to get the ip so I assume no problem with cable.
@bbv 
suspend the windows 10 firewall, very likely that is it
Clearaudio Solution Cmb - Clearaudio Syncro Power - Achromat - The Wand Plus II - AT Oc9 III - Nuc Cirrus7  Roon Rock - Cisco sg200-08 - D220 Expert Pro Ci - PMC LB1 Signature with SAM - Egglestonworks Fontaine II - 2x BK 200Xls ff Mk2 - Meicord Eth - Siltech New York - Audioquest Nrg Z3 - HAF Drc

Marietto - Italia
Some users have reported a workaround by doing this:
- buy a small (5-port) 10/100 Mbut switch (no gigabit, which is what seems to cause the issue in some cases), which can be found for less than 20$
- connect 1 port of the 10/100 switch to your gigabit router
- connect 1 port to the Devialet

reboot everything

Let us know.
(09-Jul-2020, 22:28)ogs Wrote: The specs say '4 ports Gigabit 10/100/1000' so that should not be an issue then. Did you check Windows' firewall? Are both wifi and ethernet in the same group on Win10?
If that does not help I suggest you sign up for a Roon trial. Roon has direct support for Devialet's AIR protocol. Best would be to test Roon on a different PC to avoid collision with Devialet's AIR driver. Remember to disable the Devialet AIR driver completely while testing.
If Roon works on both wifi and ethernet, there is something wrong in how Devialet's AIR driver is accessing your network.

Many thanks for the great suggestions,
Regarding to firewall, yes it is closed.
I am not big fun of Roon (yet) so still looking for ideas for solution.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)