Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Air keeps crashing Windows 8.1
I have this bizarre issue with Devialet Air 2.13 installed on Windows 8.1.

I have 2 physical Pc's and one Virtual Hyper V Pc with Windows 8.1 installed.

One I use as a work Pc and the other I use as a Hoem Server.

On the work Pc I installed Devialet Air and at first sight it works.

On the home server, just a normal Pc with Windows 8.1 i installed Air and as soon as you select "My devialet-ETH" Air crashes and give the following error in the Windows apllication log:

Faulting application name: DevialetAIR.exe, version: 2.1.3.0, time stamp: 0x544e2bd0
Faulting module name: DevialetAIR.exe, version: 2.1.3.0, time stamp: 0x544e2bd0
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000142da
Faulting process id: 0x13b4
Faulting application start time: 0x01d0c633e30f48c9
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Devialet\AIR\DevialetAIR.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Devialet\AIR\DevialetAIR.exe
Report Id: a5b3cf78-3227-11e5-825d-00155d016901
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

So I looked at the Help section on the Devialet site and it says to configure the Devilalet (200) for Air with the configurator. But I cannot find anywhere how to realize such a configuration.

Does anyone have the same experience and how do I resolve this issue?
Does anyone know how o configure your Devialet for use with Air except for the ethernet/Wifi connectivity?
I finally solved my own problem. When trying to play from the Home Server or the Virtual Machine I use a RDP session. RDP was configured to play sounds on remote device and as a result Devialet air does install but can playback. Changing the sound config to local solved my problem.
Ah, you may have solved a problem I had about a year ago! I found AIR crashed when I quit a Remote Desktop session. This was on a Windows 8.1 box I seem to recall. I logged a support ticket with Devialet but got no help. I think you probably cracked it with the sound config! I even hooked up Windbg to AIR and I think it gave a segfault.
I also registered a support call with Devialet but they never came with any solution. They seemed rather frustrated I persisted on an answer. Anyway I am happy right now and I will be testing the stability an after try to install the 2.14 beta.
This was essentially the call I logged in short form:

"If I login to the PC running AIR via Remote Desktop and WASAPI bitperfect mode is set and the Devialet player is on & detected by AIR, then AIR crashes. The crash appears in the Windows debugger 'windbg' to be an Access Violation. "
(25-Jul-2015, 21:04)Rufus McDufus Wrote: This was essentially the call I logged in short form:

"If I login to the PC running AIR via Remote Desktop and WASAPI bitperfect mode is set and the Devialet player is on & detected by AIR, then AIR crashes. The crash appears in the Windows debugger 'windbg' to be an Access Violation. "

I can confirm Air crashes with the settings as mentioned by Rufus. Is there also a solution for this ?
Devialet 250 Expert Pro / Nordost Valhalla Bi-Wire / Sonus Faber Olympica II
Anthem MRX 710 / B&W MT-60D
Paul Hynes SR7/T LPS / Intel Core i7 NUC-Plato X7D with Roon Lifetime / Melco S100 Switch with 2 x Ansuz Ethernet A2
Dr. Feickert Woodpecker II with Inertia Platter / Dr. Feickert Linear / Jelco TK-850L Arm / Shelter 501 III Cartridge

Power: AQ Niagara 3000 with AQ Tornado to Furutech wall outlet <-> Doepke DFS 2 F Audio Fuse Box and 3 x AQ Blizzard to Components
Bartype,

Try to change the properties of your RDP session.

Open the RDP Connection en click on "Show Options"; Choose the tab "Local Resources" then "Remote audio, click settings". Select the"play on remote computer". Then connect with RDP.

This might solve your problem.