Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another SAM Thread: ATC SCM 40 V2
Recently sold the Tyler Linbrook Signature speakers, and replaced them with a pair of ATC SCM 40 V2.  The ATC's work/sound better in my listening environment.  Even my better half likes them, both sonically and the esthetics.

With this speaker, in my specific environment, the SAM engaged makes a significant improvement.  Does not sound artificial at all.  The SAM extends the bass by a lot.  The infinite baffle design made it easy to integrate the subwoofer.  

So, if your speakers are supported by SAM, by all means, give it a go.  I understand that with some speakers, the results may or may not be to one's liking.  With the ATC SCM 40, SAM makes an already very good speaker even better.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB
After listening with the 1000 Pro/ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers for awhile with and without SAM, I strongly prefer the playback with SAM enabled. Once the ATC's broke in, SAM really extended the bass registers, which in turn gives the music more body and depth across the board.

I have not noticed any digital artifacts whatsoever using SAM enabled with the ATC speakers. If anything, SAM makes the ATC SCM 40's sound like a more expensive variant of the ATC line.

If your speakers are supported by SAM, I would strongly encourage one to give it a go. The folks who have reviewed SAM on the various sites all seem to love it.
1, ATC SCM 40 V2 speakers,  SVS PC4000 subwoofer,  Devialet Expert Pro 1000, ,  Ultrasone Edition 15, Ultrasone Edition 15 Veritas,  ,Chord Hugo TT, Magnetar UBR-800, GeerFab DBoB, OTL Headphone amp

2. Dynaudio Focus 360 , Devialet Expert Pro 220, Reavon UBR X-110, GeerFab DBoB