Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dione and Roon?
Hello

i know Dione is not Roon ready (very embarassasing otherwise), but can Roon see it and play to Dione?

Thanks
Dione is also an Airplay device and Roon can stream to Airplay devices.
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
Hello

thanks for answering.

I have only Android device.
Can still work with Dione?
(20-Jul-2022, 17:01)fabien44 Wrote: Hello

thanks for answering.

I have only Android device.
Can still work with Dione?

Android is what you use for the Roon remote, but I don’t think it is what is running your Roon core. What matters is the core, not the remote, and to my knowledge any Roon core can stream to any Airplay device directly, so it should not be an issue. 

Jean-Marie
MacBook Air M2 -> RAAT/Air -> WiFi -> PLC -> Ethernet -> Devialet 220pro with Core Infinity (upgraded from 120) -> AperturA Armonia
France
I have Roon and a Dione. They appear to integrate smoothly and instantly. I have also used AirPlay with it but Roon delivers superior sound wuality. The sound separation, the clarity and depth coming from the Dione is stunning.
Devialet 1000 Pro CI, Chord Signature Reference speaker cables, B&W 803 D3 speakers

Roon lifetime licence, Tidal.
(21-Jul-2022, 07:58)Gerronwithit Wrote: I have Roon and a Dione. They appear to integrate smoothly and instantly. I have also used AirPlay with it but Roon delivers superior sound wuality. The sound separation, the clarity and depth coming from the Dione is stunning.

Hello

great to hear that! Do you know the protocol used by Roon to interact with Dione?

Roon is only Airplay ready, Dione is Airplay 2. So i guess Roon not using Airplay for that.
Airplay 2 is backward compatible with Airplay, so Roon can use Airplay.

Jean-Marie
France