Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AppleTV AirPlay drops connection after 10 min
I have a 4th gen AppleTV, two Phantoms (the new ones - they don't have a moniker like "Silver" or "Gold"), and a Dialogue.
All are plugged into the same electrical circuit (which I didn't know was necessary - and was causing one channel to intermittently cut out until tech support told me all devices need to be on the same electrical circuit as they communicate over electrical wiring). I can play music from my AppleTV with no issues at all, it works perfectly and sounds amazing.
But, when I try to watch a show (say Netflix or Hulu), after about 10 minutes or so, the AirPlay connection gets dropped, and I hear the left speaker make that noise (you know the noise I'm talking about, sounds like it is coughing twice). Then I have to go back into the settings menu of the AppleTV and reconnect to the Dialogue.

Anyone knows how to fix this issue? It took me almost a week to get to Devialet support for the previous issue (not their fault, I'm busy at work and cannot answer their callback - I can only call during break - finally got to them during the weekend).
(16-Jan-2018, 23:26)hmoazed Wrote: I have a 4th gen AppleTV, two Phantoms (the new ones - they don't have a moniker like "Silver" or "Gold"), and a Dialogue.
All are plugged into the same electrical circuit (which I didn't know was necessary - and was causing one channel to intermittently cut out until tech support told me all devices need to be on the same electrical circuit as they communicate over electrical wiring). I can play music from my AppleTV with no issues at all, it works perfectly and sounds amazing.
But, when I try to watch a show (say Netflix or Hulu), after about 10 minutes or so, the AirPlay connection gets dropped, and I hear the left speaker make that noise (you know the noise I'm talking about, sounds like it is coughing twice). Then I have to go back into the settings menu of the AppleTV and reconnect to the Dialogue.

Anyone knows how to fix this issue? It took me almost a week to get to Devialet support for the previous issue (not their fault, I'm busy at work and cannot answer their callback - I can only call during break - finally got to them during the weekend).

I know very little about Phantoms, but, if this is repeatable and the sound cuts out at the same time interval from reset then this sounds like the unit is going into standby mode prematurely. Is there any way to disable standby mode? Might be worth a try.
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
(16-Jan-2018, 23:26)hmoazed Wrote: I have a 4th gen AppleTV, two Phantoms (the new ones - they don't have a moniker like "Silver" or "Gold"), and a Dialogue.

Strange but the issue has disappeared... the only thing I have changed is I switched the AppleTV's audio output to 16-bit (from Auto)...
Still, when using AirPlay there are no sound effects while using the AppleTV menus, only when playing shows.
And there is a noticeable delay in the audio... from what I read about 150ms on average (it changes, sometimes less, sometimes more). One poster mentioned Devialet is working on reducing this delay in future firmware update...