Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Broken Optical Input Socket on Dialog
Welcome Brother Sleach, to the Clan of the Optical Input Destructors, of which I count myself Founder member.
"Shutter" is a better word for it than "flap" too. I don't mess around with it any more... I leave it be.
JRiver v25 (Windows) >> 220Pro/CI >> PMC Twenty5.23 + twin KEF KC62 subs. One White Phantom.
I've had the same on my Samsung telly. They recess the darn things so only the smallest plugs fit, plus the stupid flap/shutter broke the first time I plugged anything in.
(05-Oct-2015, 05:34)sleach Wrote: I broke the shutter on my dialog and it was replaced without fuss. I am now using the optical input on one of the phantoms with no problem fitting the cable. I'm using Supra VAC optical

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you think the optical on the Phantoms is different than the one on the Dialog?  In contrast to that question, could you imagine having to settle for a broken optical from a Phantom? Exclamation
I recently spent two days trying to sort drop outs,,did reset after reset, changed networks etc only to find it was a dodgy optical connection on the dialog. Swapped the connection into one of the Phantoms, no more drop outs. Very frustrating and bad design.
[size=x-small]Phantom Golds, Yamaha WXC 50