Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Devialet AIR + Windows 10 = System Crashes
I've tried 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4 beta4 and all suffer from the BSOD problem.

First 2-3 Months - No issues at all with 2.1.4 Beta4. Using Foobar2000 through Kernel Service Stream. Worked like a charm over Ethernet (using a Draytek AP900).

Then the hissing started. Went back to the default Devialet AIR output. Happens rarely so didn't mind.

Then the BSOD started. There has been mention that it could have been a problematic windows update - I don't appear to have installed many updates - At least, none are listed. It would be really useful if we could try to find out which, if any, windows 10 update has broken the devialet app.

It's rather unnerving that it causes the system to completely freeze forcing the user to press the power off button. The other day I thought I might be alone with the windows 10 BSOD symptoms until i came on here and had a browse. I was going to format my computer, and force turning off all windows updates unless thoroughly vetted by myself - As from my experience, it was working fine for the first few months - lot's of usage.

Right now I can't stream music without a BSOD (Wifi/Ethernet) <10 mins into the music. My other source is vinyl, and that's for when i've got the time to attend to the record player.

I'll probably sit tight until Devialet Air 3 and hold fire on formatting the system. If version 3 comes out and the BSOD's continue, i'll format. 

hmm.
(09-Jun-2016, 10:52)jmorrell Wrote: I've tried 2.1.2, 2.1.3, 2.1.4 beta4 and all suffer from the BSOD problem.

First 2-3 Months - No issues at all with 2.1.4 Beta4. Using Foobar2000 through Kernel Service Stream. Worked like a charm over Ethernet (using a Draytek AP900).

Then the hissing started. Went back to the default Devialet AIR output. Happens rarely so didn't mind.

Then the BSOD started. There has been mention that it could have been a problematic windows update - I don't appear to have installed many updates - At least, none are listed. It would be really useful if we could try to find out which, if any, windows 10 update has broken the devialet app.

It's rather unnerving that it causes the system to completely freeze forcing the user to press the power off button. The other day I thought I might be alone with the windows 10 BSOD symptoms until i came on here and had a browse. I was going to format my computer, and force turning off all windows updates unless thoroughly vetted by myself - As from my experience, it was working fine for the first few months - lot's of usage.

Right now I can't stream music without a BSOD (Wifi/Ethernet) <10 mins into the music. My other source is vinyl, and that's for when i've got the time to attend to the record player.

I'll probably sit tight until Devialet Air 3 and hold fire on formatting the system. If version 3 comes out and the BSOD's continue, i'll format. 

hmm.
A few months back, I was having the same BSOD problems.  It was happening whether I was playing music at the time or not, but if AIR was installed and active, I'd see the BSODs - some days not at all, but most days it would occur numerous times.   

But somewhere along the way, the BSODs stopped.  I attributed it to a Windows 10 update but, to be honest, I haven't a clue which one or even if that was the resolution.   Of course, the other AIR issues did not stop, so I finally just gave up on AIR completely and bought a Sonore uRendu for streaming (love it!)

I would not recommend reformatting your computer, but you should definitely try to get all the Win updates installed if you haven't already.   Waiting on AIR 3 for Windows will be an act of patience (something I do not have ;-)
Devialet 440 Pro (two 220s)- Oracle CD transport - Kuzma Stabi S/Stogi S turntable - Von Schweikert VR-35 speakers - JPS SC3 SCs - PI Audio power conditioning -
Triode Wire Labs ICs and PCs - Roon on NUC 8i7beh running ROCK
Durham, NC USA
(09-Jun-2016, 10:52)jmorrell Wrote: I'll probably sit tight until Devialet Air 3 and hold fire on formatting the system. If version 3 comes out and the BSOD's continue, i'll format. 

hmm.

We've all been sitting tight for 2+ years...
Roon->HQPlayer->McIntosh C47->McIntosh MC301s>Transparent Super->Wilson Audio Sabrinas w/ Shunyata Denali, Rega RP8, Rega Apheta 2