Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cracked Phantom
just to add to the story: i have 2 white phantoms, both with the same cracks. I went back to 2 different apple stores to check a total of 4-5 phantoms, all with the same marring (i don't think the cracks are very deep but they are clearly cracks into the paintwork (and not scratches on top i don't believe). Unfortunately i cant be 100% sure but i do think the cracks/marring was near or directly under the red sticker. I just accepted it as a manufacturing fault but certainly am disappointed by it.
Well, it's probably a good thing that Devialet's Phantom are sold in Apple Store... This way, customers feedbacks might have more echo !

Devialet is replacing my 2 cracked Phantoms ! i hope i won't have a refurbish one with marks.
Reading back through this thread has got me thinking. What was the purpose of the red sticker? Was there anything written on it?
Is it possible that the red sticker was put on by quality control to show where a defect in the casing was, and that these substandard units were somehow released for sale rather than being taken off the production line? Just a thought.  Undecided
Project Eperience X Pack with Ortofon Rondo Red MC, Oppo BDP 105D, 2 x Sonos Connect, QNAP HS251+ NAS with 2 X 6TB Western Digital Red, Mac 5K 32GB running Lifetime Roon, iPad Pro 12.9" for remote control.  Etalon Ethernet Isolator, Devialet 440 Pro CI, Sonus faber Olympica ll with Isoacoustics Gaia ll feet, Auralic Taurus Mkll headphone amp.Denon AH-D5000, Sennheiser HD600 and HD800 with Cardas cable,  Van Den Hul The First Ultimate and Crystal interconnects, Furutech power cables, GSP Audio Spatia speaker cable.
South Coast England
The red sticker is to warn you not to lift the Phantom by the side speakers
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Mmm, mine are also cracked. One is clearly visible the otherone very little but probably just starting to crack.... Maybe eventually they will explode due to the high pressure woofers... Explosive sound system ;-)
(07-Sep-2016, 12:28)MrSinister Wrote: Mmm, mine are also cracked. One is clearly visible the otherone very little but probably just starting to crack.... Maybe eventually they will explode due to the high pressure woofers... Explosive sound system ;-)

Phantom sound not all that it's "cracked" up to be Smile. Sorry, not a very helpful interjection, but I couldn't help it Tongue. On a more serious note, given the high incidence of cracking, Devialet should IMHO, be carrying out a an urgent investigation. Whether this happens remains to be seen.

David
1. NUC6i5SYH running ROON ROCK > ROON/AIR > Ethernet > Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity> Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers,
or, as alternative, 
2. Wyred4Sound MS-2 Server, Devialet 1000pro Core Infinity, Theta Jade CD Transport, Pure 702ES Tuner, Wilson-Benesch ACT Speakers, misc cables

UK
This all reminds me of when Apple released the first white MacBook. It had a white plastic body and was prone to developing cracks and also suffered from the same yellowing discolouration issue the OP refers to.
Auralic Mini (Sbooster LPSU), Rega RP8, Melco N1A, Devialet D200, Devialet 400, ELAC BS314, ELAC BS312, Sonus Faber Olympica 1, Audioquest (Victoria, Yosemite, Vodka Cat7, Carbon USB) Chord Epic Master/Companion link, Wireworld Oasis 7 speaker cable, Inakustik Reference LS-803 speaker cable,Isotek premium mains cables, TCI mains cables, Atlas mains unfiltered distribution block, Supra filtered mains distribution block, and synergistic research (red/black fuse,sort kone), and vertexaq (silver-jaya).
Hi guys, I've been reading through this thread as I have the same issue with my phantom silver! The thing is, I've had mine 2 days!! I had issues with the speaker sounding like a record player and it sounding like the needle was going over a bit of dirt on the record. Anyway, that was put don to Bluetooth quality and it's sorted now, with the help of devialet customer service via email. Last night I noticed the crack, in the same place as everyone is reporting etc under the red sticker! I mentioned this to devialet and they came back to me and said it was a fault that many had reported and that mine must've been a straggler after the recall. So they're saying there is a recall on this issue. The only thing is, I got mine from apple shop in Meadowhall. And I live an hours drive away! They want me to take it back, get a refund, go home, and re order one online, then go back 3 days later and get a new one! They won't simply exchange the one i have for a new one.

So, I'm considering just leaving it! Many people have gone a while without even knowing they've got cracks in their speakers. So they can't be causing an issue, it's just onwards sale value that'll be impacted.

Regards, Ben.
It's hard to believe it's your fault because you didn't take care of the speaker.
I don't even know how it is possible to make a crack accidentally unless you turn the speaker upside down...
Send it back to Apple and let them know about about the crack issues and other problems that we are relating in this thread.
Devialet will not mess with Apple store customers.
Recall my @rse. Unless the dealers were made aware of it and didn't pass it on ,although i doubt it.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2