Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
D'premier --> 250 Pro OR buy non devialet system
Hi everyone -

My dPremier has stopped working (wont start) and I have been quoted two options from Devialet. Which one would you guys thing is the best for my case? FYI I am using my devialet with a Bluesound streamer with 12v trigger to turn on/off and quite happy with this, speakers = KEF LS2 Meta

1. Repair (EUR 500)
2. Upgrade (EUR 3.700)
3. Buy new system 

Given Devialet has very little support for the devialet (ex. iPhone remote app is ancient) and very little updates coming to the Expert platform - is it "smart" to repair / upgrade - or is my money better spent buying a simpler system / equivalent system from another vendor?

Some ideas
BlueSound PowerNode n330
Camebridge Audio Evo 150
NAD Streaming amplifiers

Do you guys on the forum have any suggestions?
The 250pro is still great. Sure, there are no upgrades, I personally don't miss anything. Soundwise, I doubt there is anything better for 3700 euro.
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
By the way, I also think the D-Premier sounds really great and a repair is something I would consider
Spiral Groove/Soundsmith - jRiver/Audiophile Optimizer/Process Lasso - Devialet 1000 pro - Rockport Ankaa
Nordost Valhalla, Brahma, Frey2+ & Tyr2/Ansuz Mainz C/D8
Isoacoustics OREA/Shunyata Dark Field/Nordost QV/QK
Devialet Gemini
You better repair it, or if money is not an issue, jump to 250. Pretty sure Devialet will outperform NAD, and Cambridge audio is not in the same league with Devialet. My $0.02
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
I’ve seen some prices on repairs of audio equipment and €500 is an absolute bargain. If you were happy before, I would just repair it and enjoy the music.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Thanks everyone - so it sounds like either repair or upgrade is the best way forward! Either way nice to get some confirmations before!
While the promise of upgrades to keep up in the dac / user software department have not really materialized...

My advice is to repair or upgrade. You will have to spend a lot to better the Devialet. I think 3,700 euro is fair enough for a new Expert Pro 250. Ask Devialet if they will repair the Devialet for the 500 euro and ulso give you the 250 at the 3,700 price. That way you can sell' the D-Premiere and help toward the price of a new unit : )

A big annoyance to me contines to be just how easy that nickle plate scratches from gentle polishing. Should be chrome plated. Then no problems, and scratches can be polished out.
500 euro and you have doubts to fix or not? D premier is still a great sound machine, better then most of what you can get on the market. Do it and keep enjoying it.
Another thing to keep in mind is what the acoustic situation is in your room. If you have average acoustics, an upgrade would make little sense. There’s much more to be gained from acoustic treatment than a better amp.
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
Definitely repair.