Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
DEVIALET ETHERNET FABULOUS & STABLE
Internet access is available with my system. Devialet, computer and NAS are each connected via ethernet to an ethernet switch which in turn is connected to the home network and thus the internet.
Devialet 250 - Martin Logan Ascent i - Clearaudio Champion 2 - Kuzma 4Point - Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC - Graham Slee Elevator
dCS Network Bridge - UpTone Audio EtherRegen – Esoteric DV-60 - PS Audio Power Plant 10
AUSTRALIA
Yep, very very pleased with AIR3 on my Mac Mini.

Mac Mini in one room wired via ethernet to switch downstairs in closet. ( Cheap $26 8 port gigabit switch from D-Link - DGS-10008G )

Devialet 400 in the music room with ethernet connection to switch downstairs.

NAS in another room with ethernet connection to switch downstairs ( or I can use the Mac Mini with just some USB and SDCards holding ~ 256 GB of music).

RoonServer running on the Mac Mini, also have Tidal subscription.

Playback via a Macbook Pro or iPad Mini.

Wonderful sound, equal to the sound I had when using the microRendu in my system.

I don't miss all the USB accessories, of course your mileage may vary and everyone's ears, rooms and software preferences are different.

That switch by the way is fed from a Apple Extreme which is upstairs and connected to my Motorola cable modem, with service from Comcast.
Roon ROCK on Intel NUC6i5SYH/Ethernet | VPI Avenger | Devialet 440 Pro CI | Vivid Audio Giya G3 | Auralic Aires Mini | Synology 1812+ NAS
SXSW, US
(26-Jun-2016, 00:45)Leigh Hibbins Wrote: Internet access is available with my system. Devialet, computer and NAS are each connected via ethernet to an ethernet switch which in turn is connected to the home network and thus the internet.

Thank you for your answer.

One thing I still don't understand : why don't you plug the ethernet switch directly to the router ? Why do you use a time capsule in your setup ? 

Thanks in advance.
MacMini -> Audirvana +AudioUnits -> Devialet "The 120" (USB) -> BW 802 Di -> My room -> My ears 
And other stuff for Home Cinema...
FR
(27-Jun-2016, 12:48)Seb310 Wrote:
(26-Jun-2016, 00:45)Leigh Hibbins Wrote: Internet access is available with my system. Devialet, computer and NAS are each connected via ethernet to an ethernet switch which in turn is connected to the home network and thus the internet.

Thank you for your answer.

One thing I still don't understand : why don't you plug the ethernet switch directly to the router ? Why do you use a time capsule in your setup ? 

Thanks in advance.

Perhaps that isolates the Devialet from the rest of the intranet. I was told this was important because of the large number of packets broadcast by the Devialet. Pure speculation on my part.
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
An additional switch won't provide additional isolation from other network traffic. A switch by design forwards broadcast traffic to all ports but all unicast traffic will be delivered only to the intended host over the port it is connected to. A different VLAN or out of band network would be used for segmentation.

I'm guessing the Time Capsule is there used as his WiFi accesspoint only.
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
(27-Jun-2016, 17:35)Antoine Wrote: An additional switch won't provide additional isolation from other network traffic. A switch by design forwards broadcast traffic to all ports but all unicast traffic will be delivered only to the intended host over the port it is connected to. A different VLAN or out of band network would be used for segmentation.

I'm guessing the Time Capsule is there used as his WiFi accesspoint only.

Correct. I misread his installation. I have been reading too much about the upcoming upgrades to retain my sanity. Big Grin
Synology 713+ -> Aurender N10 -> D 200 -> Legacy Audio Focus SE speakers. ClearAudio Emotion TT. Synergistic Atmosphere Level 3 UEF Speaker and Galileo (USB) Interconnects and Synergistic PowerCell UEF S - Virginia U. S. A.
Same here! Wink
PS Audio P3, Shunyata ΞTRON Alpha Digital and HC/Furutech power cables, Paul Hynes SR7EHD-MR4, DIY Roon Server & Roon Endpoint running AudioLinux Headless, Phasure Lush^2 USB cable, Audioquest Diamond RJ/E ethernet, Uptone Audio etherREGEN, Mutec MC-3+ USB, Shunyata ΞTRON Anaconda Digital XLR AES/EBU, Devialet Expert 250 Pro CI, Nordost Tyr Reference LS cables, Von Schweikert VR-5 SE Anniversary Edition, Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0, JL Audio Fathom F112. More detail here.

The Netherlands
There is no specific reason why my ethernet switch is not plugged directly in to the modem/router and is via the Apple Time Capsule - it's just how I setup up my home network. The modem/router does not have Wifi but the Time Capsule does - I think that's why I did it that way. Ancient history. I've only tried a little streaming and it worked. I do not have a Tidal or Qobuz account. I'm too busy enjoying my CD rips and LP rips on the much better sounding Devialet-ETH.
Devialet 250 - Martin Logan Ascent i - Clearaudio Champion 2 - Kuzma 4Point - Clearaudio Stradivari V2 MC - Graham Slee Elevator
dCS Network Bridge - UpTone Audio EtherRegen – Esoteric DV-60 - PS Audio Power Plant 10
AUSTRALIA
(27-Jun-2016, 17:35)Antoine Wrote: I'm guessing the Time Capsule is there used as his WiFi accesspoint only.

Correct.
AUSTRALIA
(28-Jun-2016, 10:11)Leigh Hibbins Wrote: There is no specific reason why my ethernet switch is not plugged directly in to the modem/router and is via the Apple Time Capsule - it's just how I setup up my home network. The modem/router does not have Wifi but the Time Capsule does - I think that's why I did it that way. Ancient history. I've only tried a little streaming and it worked. I do not have a Tidal or Qobuz account. I'm too busy enjoying my CD rips and LP rips on the much better sounding Devialet-ETH.

Thanks a lot for your explanations.

By the way, as the time capsule has 3 ethernet ports (in addition to the Wlan port), may be you can plug the Mac, the DEV and the Nas directly to the Time Capsule (pluged on Wlan to the routeur) , so that you don't need anymore the  ethernet switch ! If it works, then you could avoid a device.
MacMini -> Audirvana +AudioUnits -> Devialet "The 120" (USB) -> BW 802 Di -> My room -> My ears 
And other stuff for Home Cinema...
FR