Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DOS 2.12.3 + Devialet app 1.14: it’s there
Any issues updating Silvers?
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(02-Feb-2021, 05:00)trashken Wrote: Any issues updating Silvers?

Not that I saw updating my 4 silvers
After trying for an hour, my Phantom Gold (Opera de Paris) system is completely broken after this update. No procedure corrects this problem, including the full blown correct reset (WiFi and speakers). Airplay 2 no longer connects. AUX sources do not switch. Speakers randomly restart and randomly play either the right or the left speaker. Or randomly become missing in the app. I’ve spent tens (plural) of thousands of dollars with this company, so I have a pretty short temper when it comes to nonsense like this. It’s not the first time that this sort of mess happened, but it is the first time in which I have not been able to correct it. They best get on it. Every time I have to deal with something like this it becomes more of a guarantee that if Apple ever comes out with a high end speaker, I will drop Devialet without thinking twice. I’ve done exactly that by returning the Geminis and getting the Apple AirPod Pros.
Just updated. Bummed that it only supports up to 24/48
Current: Phantom Silvers, Oppo 105D (Toslink), Raspberry Pi + Digi+, ROON
Pre-Phantom: PenAudio Rebel2, Nuforce MCH-2C5, Oppo 105D (Analog)
(02-Feb-2021, 05:41)invictus005 Wrote: After trying for an hour, my Phantom Gold (Opera de Paris) system is completely broken after this update. No procedure corrects this problem, including the full blown correct reset (WiFi and speakers). Airplay 2 no longer connects. AUX sources do not switch. Speakers randomly restart and randomly play either the right or the left speaker. Or randomly become missing in the app. I’ve spent tens (plural) of thousands of dollars with this company, so I have a pretty short temper when it comes to nonsense like this. It’s not the first time that this sort of mess happened, but it is the first time in which I have not been able to correct it. They best get on it. Every time I have to deal with something like this it becomes more of a guarantee that if Apple ever comes out with a high end speaker, I will drop Devialet without thinking twice. I’ve done exactly that by returning the Geminis and getting the Apple AirPod Pros.

Sorry to hear about your problems. Did you upgrade from 2.11.5 or a beta FW?
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
(02-Feb-2021, 06:22)ragwo Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 05:41)invictus005 Wrote: After trying for an hour, my Phantom Gold (Opera de Paris) system is completely broken after this update. No procedure corrects this problem, including the full blown correct reset (WiFi and speakers). Airplay 2 no longer connects. AUX sources do not switch. Speakers randomly restart and randomly play either the right or the left speaker. Or randomly become missing in the app. I’ve spent tens (plural) of thousands of dollars with this company, so I have a pretty short temper when it comes to nonsense like this. It’s not the first time that this sort of mess happened, but it is the first time in which I have not been able to correct it. They best get on it. Every time I have to deal with something like this it becomes more of a guarantee that if Apple ever comes out with a high end speaker, I will drop Devialet without thinking twice. I’ve done exactly that by returning the Geminis and getting the Apple AirPod Pros.

Firmware is 2.12.3 before and after the app update. System is still completely down.
(02-Feb-2021, 06:26)invictus005 Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 06:22)ragwo Wrote:

Firmware is 2.12.3 before and after the app update. System is still completely down.
Could be a problem when going from beta to stable. Hopefully Devialet will sort it out and give you an Arch as compensation for your troubles.
My Phantom Voyage
(02-Feb-2021, 06:28)ragwo Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 06:26)invictus005 Wrote:
(02-Feb-2021, 06:22)ragwo Wrote: Sorry to hear about your problems. Did you upgrade from 2.11.5 or a beta FW?
Could be a problem when going from beta to stable. Hopefully Devialet will sort it out and give you an Arch as compensation for your troubles.

Smile
Better to update the Phantoms at 2.12 and then the App at 1.14? Or the opposite?
To it does not matter? Not sure if some conflicts read above are happening because of this.

I see that there are no release notes published on the Devialet site at the moment.
(02-Feb-2021, 06:47)massi.rav Wrote: Better to update the Phantoms at 2.12 and then the App at 1.14? Or the opposite?
To it does not matter? Not sure if some conflicts read above are happening because of this.

I see that there are no release notes published on the Devialet site at the moment.

I would update the app first. As I understand @invictus005 was using a beta firmware before updating. Please correct me if I am wrong.
My Phantom Voyage