Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 And Phantom
(26-Feb-2016, 10:10)MountainGuy Wrote: Jamie,

I think the Dspeaker 2.0 is your solution. Just my opinion.

Ok thanks - will look into it 

I did want something super simple like the Musical Fidelity XTone I have which just rolls of bass and or treble at one the 3 frequencies selected and above (treble) / below (bass)

I'll second that as a user...it cannot be simpler to use and at the same time makes magic  ( at least on my last HiFi set-up , have not tried it yet on the Phantoms. but will for sure do that )
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
(26-Feb-2016, 21:30)McChicken Wrote:

I'll second that as a user...it cannot be simpler to use and at the same time makes magic  ( at least on my last HiFi set-up , have not tried it yet on the Phantoms. but will for sure do that )
The issue I have with the dspeaker is that it is a DAC and a preamp which I don't need as the phantom has it all built in? 

So seems I am paying a lot of money when I will only use a small part of the functionality 

Maybe I missed it - how would phantoms benefit from an external DAC and preamp?

Thanks Smile
I use my dspeaker entirely in the digital domain.
Is there a cheaper good alternative without the additional functions?
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

I don't know - that's what I am asking Smile

There must be a simple tone control box out there with digital in and out.....
(28-Feb-2016, 10:16)Jamington2004 Wrote: I don't know - that's what I am asking Smile

Jamington...What makes the DSPeaker great is the automatic ( by mic) Room-correction. the EQ is just icing on the cake. but I don't know if there is another stand alone unit that do the same, I know that there was a pre DSPeaker that did not have all the functionality.
you can get a used DSPeaker for approx € 4-500.-
In my old HiFi separates set-up it was THE component that made the biggest change by far
Devialet Silver Phantoms pair + Dialog, will be connected through DSPeaker 2.0 ( DSP / Room-Correction) and hopped-up G-sonos. ( thinking of ROON) "Retiring" Goldmund / JOB225 Amp, Antony Gallo Reference 3.5. Keeping Active Bang & Olufsen Beolabs in different rooms connected to Sonos.
Tried the Dirac on my computer yesterday and i really liked it,nmaybe it got a bit to clinical but gonna try more
(28-Feb-2016, 19:01)McChicken Wrote:
(28-Feb-2016, 10:16)Jamington2004 Wrote: I don't know - that's what I am asking Smile

Jamington...What makes the DSPeaker great is the automatic ( by mic) Room-correction. the EQ is just icing on the cake. but I don't know if there is another stand alone unit that do the same, I know that there was a pre DSPeaker that did not have all the functionality.
you can get a used DSPeaker for approx € 4-500.-
In my old HiFi separates set-up it was THE component that made the biggest change by far

Ok thanks - there is one for £500 in Ebay I will keep an eye our for a cheaper one and give it a go
Hi. Was wondering about dspeaker for my phantoms. But i only use spark/dialog and tidal for music, and bluetooth for internet radio. Does dspeaker only work when using another source(cd player, streamer, etc) connected to the dspeaker and then to the dialog? Or can i connect it straight into dialog and get the room correction?

Thanks, Trond
2x Silver Phantom w/BT sitting on branch stands, Dialog. FW 1.8.1.54
(29-Feb-2016, 15:30)Sortland84 Wrote: Hi. Was wondering about dspeaker for my phantoms. But i only use spark/dialog and tidal for music, and bluetooth for internet radio. Does dspeaker only work when using another source(cd player, streamer, etc) connected to the dspeaker and then to the dialog? Or can i connect it straight into dialog and get the room correction?

Thanks, Trond

Good question - I hadn't thought about that 

Don't see how the sound would go through the Dspeaker unless it went through Optical

Hopefully someone can clarify Smile