Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Decolouration Plastic
Devialet Support recommends a micro fiber cloth and a standard glass cleaning liquid to remove the discolouration.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
Did they tell what is causing it?
It looks like off gassing from the plastic, but why only in that one area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(06-Jan-2016, 19:00)MrSinister Wrote: Did they tell what is causing it?
This is what they replied:
"The behaviour you are referring to can happen on some products that meets certain conditions (heat, environment, etc ...) This is a know behaviour."
My Phantom Voyage
Just noticed yellowing on both of my silvers, above the mids and the bass drivers.

My Phantoms are placed near the windows in my living room. Every morning, the sun will cast powerfull UV rays at it. It's a matter of time for them to discolor. I will not wait for this to happen. Beside this, any fly who becomes entrapped in my house takes opportunity to wash itself on top of these white speakers. With small specks of fly-poo as a result...

That's why I have ordered some felt to make nice covers for my Phantoms. This will both keep the flies and UV-rays away. I will post some pictures when they're ready.
Happy Phantom user since april 2015 (currently 2 Gold Phantom, Dialog, Branch/Tree) with Tidal hifi.
They should have made a Matt Black version. Isn't it possible to use the inserts that were used in the packaging to put round the Phantoms when not in use? I haven't tried it myself yet so I'm not sure if they are removable. Maybe put a little clip in the middle to keep the 2 parts together.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
(25-Dec-2015, 12:22)MrSinister Wrote: Anyone else's Phantoms affected by decolouration on the ring just above the midrange unit? The white plastic is turning slightly yellow/brown on mine. Seems like some sort of heat decolouration  Undecided

Heres the new phantom no questions asked warranty. 

https://store.devialet.com/eu_en/devialet-care.html

Wonder if discolouration is considered not up to their standards.

So far my phantoms stayed very white even with sunlight hitting it but with the number of people complain about this there might be a lot of returns with this new warranty package.
2 White phantoms with remote and waiting for the 2 branches
Marantz amp with B and W CM 9 with Polk 12"
Neither of my units have been subject to sunlight, they sit in dark corners of a room where the only light to hit them is from a single led light 3 metres away from them.

I had not noticed the yellowing until yesterday when I moved the phantoms to connect to my branches that turned up.

It looks to be a stain from heat being emitted from the units. I think I will have to stop leaving them turned on at the power point 24/7.

Does anyone know the technical side of the inner workings of the phantoms, is there components or products internally that could be gassing off under extreme heat or is it purely the heat itself damaging the plastic?

I can't stop looking at it now I know it is there. Has anyone successfully removed it.

Devialet adviced me to use a glass cleaning liquid and a soft microfiber cloth to remove the discolouration. Actually it worked very well.
My Phantom Voyage