Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet 220 Pro without CI
Did you know that there was the 220 pro without CI? 
I wanted to update mine and it just didn't work. 
I then turned to Devialet and they told me that I have a 220 Pro without Core Infinity.
The Expert Pro range was released around 2016 without the CI board which was still in development. Purchasers were promised a free upgrade with the CI board when it was released. The board was released in late 2017 and Expert Pro owners then started getting their amps upgraded with the board.

I bought my 130 Pro in early 2017 without the board and had the board installed in early 2018.

Check with Devialet again to see if you're eligible for the free upgrade.
Roon Nucleus+, Devilalet Expert 140 Pro CI, Focal Sopra 2, PS Audio P12, Keces P8 LPS, Uptone Audio EtherREGEN with optical fibre link to my router, Shunyata Alpha NR and Sigma NR power cables, Shunyata Sigma ethernet cables, Shunyata Alpha V2 speaker cables, Grand Prix Audio Monaco rack, RealTRAPS acoustic treatment.

Brisbane, Qld, Australia
Yes, they already told me that I will get the upgrade for free but it was still a surprise for me.
Ahhh man!

I think this has just happened to me. What an absolute disaster......
(06-Aug-2023, 08:09)Rathpex Wrote: Ahhh man!

It is not a big problem. Devialet will upgrade for free!
(06-Aug-2023, 09:24)finix Wrote:
(06-Aug-2023, 08:09)Rathpex Wrote: Ahhh man!

It is not a big problem. Devialet will upgrade for free!

I really hope you're correct and that shipping etc wont be too much. Just means having to be without them for 6-8 weeks. Just hope they will be done by Christmas.

What turn around time were you given?
Hi @Rathpex
It was years ago for me that the CI upgrade was done, but it was very quick; about 10 days, according to dim memory. While the Pro upgrade required that the amp go back to France, (sadly without me also getting a ticket) the CI upgrade was done in my country, and did not take long at all. I don't know where you are, but I hope you have a similar experience.

Most discussions about this topic are from 2016 / 2017 or so, but I recall that the CI upgrade, even after the Pro upgrade, brought a definite, positive improvement in sound quality.
Damon
Powernode, NAD M32, Cambridge CD transport, Analysis Plus, Nordost, iFi Nova, CSS Criton 1TDX, KEF C62
Vancouver, Canada
My 220 pro came back last weekend and it sounds great.
I don‘t really know why they upgrade it. They could send you a new one and get the old back. The upgrade is like a new 220! Probably all internals are changed.
It was a long journey but I finally found my amp and I had a lot amps at home!