Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Dione vs Sonos ARC
Just wanted to know how Dione and Arc compare each other. Is the 1500e more worth buying a Dione over ARC. Is Atmos better produced on Dione and is it better to play music with Dione. I'm struggling which one to get. If somebody have listened both of these sounder please give me some thoughts about these soundbars.
These are not the right ones to compare.
Sennheiser Ambeo maybe.
The Dione is fairly the only one that will work without Sub.
Best is to try out.
There are only 2 issues with that box. No DTS - the workaround is LPCM.
Apple TV does that anyway despite Dolby Atmos. And for discs I would recommend a Panasonic where you can decide to have Bitstream for Dolby and LPCM for DTS.
The 2nd ist the poor software support by Devialet. Wer are waiting for more than a year to fix some small issues.

Still - for me the best soundbar on the market, when like to avoid a sub.
(05-Sep-2023, 19:30)tovuori Wrote: Just wanted to know how Dione and Arc compare each other. Is the 1500e more worth buying a Dione over ARC. Is Atmos better produced on Dione and is it better to play music with Dione. I'm struggling which one to get. If somebody have listened both of these sounder please give me some thoughts about these soundbars.

I have a Dione, my son has the Sonos Arc plus a Sonos mini sub. The Dione is at least as good as the Sonos Arc + mini Sub. Since you don't need a sub with the Dione, I would say the Sonos combo with the sub costs about as much as the Dione. But you don't have the option to add rear speakers with the Dione, so you miss the rear channels which the Dione only simulates with top firing speakers. For music the Dione is in my opinion vastly superior when listening with spatial enhanced stereo sound. Dione then gives you a dynamic and open sound very close to a pair of phantoms.
2 phantom Gold
2 phantom Reactor
Dione soundbar
Spotify connect 
Apple music
Audirvana 3.5.44 for Mac
(14-Sep-2023, 22:13)eniriop Wrote:
(05-Sep-2023, 19:30)tovuori Wrote: Just wanted to know how Dione and Arc compare each other. Is the 1500e more worth buying a Dione over ARC. Is Atmos better produced on Dione and is it better to play music with Dione. I'm struggling which one to get. If somebody have listened both of these sounder please give me some thoughts about these soundbars.

I have a Dione, my son has the Sonos Arc plus a Sonos mini sub. The Dione is at least as good as the Sonos Arc + mini Sub. Since you don't need a sub with the Dione, I would say the Sonos combo with the sub costs about as much as the Dione. But you don't have the option to add rear speakers with the Dione, so you miss the rear channels which the Dione only simulates with top firing speakers. For music the Dione is in my opinion vastly superior when listening with spatial enhanced stereo sound. Dione then gives you a dynamic and open sound very close to a pair of phantoms.

Last weekend tested Sonos Arc and HK Multibeam 1100. Arc was better of these two, but sound was pretty lame without subwoofer. Decided to go for Ambeo plus and ordered it. Same time a made up my mind and got Dione and left Ambeo to store. Have to say that Dione is one killer soundbar. Movie Sound is amazing, but rear effect are missing but I can live with that. Still it makes sound to reach frombar to my listening position so it is much better than Phantom 2 stereo pair for movies. Sound overall  is full and very powerful. Get pretty good height effect what I was not getting with Sonos or HK. And now I don't have to invest on subwoofer cause Devialet gives very powerful bass. Music also sounds very good with Dione. Music on Arc was very disappointing.