Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet Upgrade
Funny,

Today I received the return package with invoice for customs declaration and the value of the used Gold is 725 EUR Smile))))))))

You gotta love them.
(21-Mar-2021, 22:14)Snoopy8 Wrote:
(21-Mar-2021, 21:10)cyrus.b Wrote: I know other threads have compared the golds to other phantoms - specifically the silvers and the whites (the cheapest of the original phantoms).  Is the improvement in sound quality of the golds over the original white phantoms worth $1920 usd each? 

It is up to each individual to decide whether it is worth it.

For me, the Golds were better, more refined and balanced, and replaced a multi component system costing more than double.

+1
(26-Mar-2021, 20:07)ANYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU RETURN A DAMAGED (BUMPS) GOLD SPEAKER? DO THEY "ELEVATE" THIS OR NOT? Wrote: +1
(28-Mar-2021, 15:47)tasvel69 Wrote:
(26-Mar-2021, 20:07)ANYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU RETURN A DAMAGED (BUMPS) GOLD SPEAKER? DO THEY "ELEVATE" THIS OR NOT? Wrote: +1

I was in the process of returning a damaged Phantom Gold (damage to the tweeter) for repair not covered under Devialet Care - they said the repair would be a replacement with a refurbished Gold for $1690. Then the upgrade program came out - I spoke with a Shanna with customer service who stated that I could still return the damaged speaker for an upgrade with no additional cost. I’m in the process of receiving my return boxes - Ill let you know if I run into any problems once they receive my damaged speaker.
(28-Mar-2021, 17:51)daveyjung Wrote:
(28-Mar-2021, 15:47)tasvel69 Wrote:
(26-Mar-2021, 20:07)ANYONE KNOWS WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU RETURN A DAMAGED (BUMPS) GOLD SPEAKER? DO THEY "ELEVATE" THIS OR NOT? Wrote: +1

I was in the process of returning a damaged Phantom Gold (damage to the tweeter) for repair not covered under Devialet Care - they said the repair would be a replacement with a refurbished Gold for $1690. Then the upgrade program came out - I spoke with a Shanna with customer service who stated that I could still return the damaged speaker for an upgrade with no additional cost. I’m in the process of receiving my return boxes - Ill let you know if I run into any problems once they receive my damaged speaker.

I've just sent my speaker with bumps, I'll see how it goes, but the conditions do not mention the state of the speaker for the upgrade, so they technically cannot refuse a functional but banged up piece.
Received my two upgraded Phantom I Golds a few days ago in white matte. These replaced my Golds from 5 years ago. The speakers are noticeably faster in start up and set up. But better yet, they are rock solid. No drop outs at all. They sound magnificent. Very happy I trusted my gut and switched the old ones out. In my opinion, they sound better than the previous Golds. A worthwhile upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
(09-Apr-2021, 06:03)Bobbybina Wrote: Received my two upgraded Phantom I Golds a few days ago in white matte. These replaced my Golds from 5 years ago. The speakers are noticeably faster in start up and set up. But better yet, they are rock solid. No drop outs at all. They sound magnificent. Very happy I trusted my gut and switched the old ones out. In my opinion, they sound better than the previous Golds. A worthwhile upgrade.

Nice findings, you have any pictures of the new white matte finish?
May be an obvious question but the new lineup is a little confusing. Can you buy the new equivalent to the old premiere line (specifically the golds) in gloss white like previous finish, or is the only option matte now?
(09-Apr-2021, 06:03)Bobbybina Wrote: Received my two upgraded Phantom I Golds a few days ago in white matte. These replaced my Golds from 5 years ago. The speakers are noticeably faster in start up and set up. But better yet, they are rock solid. No drop outs at all. They sound magnificent. Very happy I trusted my gut and switched the old ones out. In my opinion, they sound better than the previous Golds. A worthwhile upgrade.

How long did it take, they confirmed reception this Tuesday, but nothing shipped yet.
(09-Apr-2021, 14:08)st33f Wrote:

How long did it take, they confirmed reception this Tuesday, but nothing shipped yet.
It still shows processing on Devialet’s website. But it shipped out of New York and I received the new Phantoms 2 days after they received the old ones. The old ones took 4 days to get to New York from Los Angeles.