Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet not attending High-End 2016
My only thought is that if this is an Expert model refresh then they're integrating some or all of the Original d'Atelier improvements into the Expert line. So not a complete new model but a mid-life refresh, possibly one that the original Experts are updateable to?
Either that or nothing to do with the Expert range?
I cannot see then launching an Expert replacement. Maybe 30% of those who had bought already would replace, but I suspect there would be hardly any new buyers because (if you like it) the existing Expert range is pre-eminent.

Maybe an Expert/Phantom/Dialog integration (which gives them a route to "replace" AIR) but it is surely something more income generative. Whatever that might be.
Innuos Statement 2TB SSD with Next-Gen PSU (with Roon lifetime)
MacBook Pro (with Air)
Draytek Vigor 2860v-Plus/Devialet Original d'Atelier CI Nos. 54A&B/Magico M3 pair
Shunyata cables (digital/interconnect/loudspeaker/power)/Shunyata power units (Triton/Typhon)

Dialog/Phantom Gold/Tree pair
Missing Link cables (power)
England
(29-Mar-2016, 08:40)IanG-UK Wrote: .... Whatever that might be.

If the dealer's comments earlier are genuine, and Devialet have been honest with him, then I agree it's unlikely they would have a 'world gathering' for anything other than big news. If it's Expert related or new high-end models, that doesn't seem to tally with the munich no show or the Od'A launch timing. Things like mergers and that kind of announcement are generally dealt with using press releases, but maybe it's lots of things at once. A new portable 'beats' style range for the masses in the Apple Store, something for posh cars, a telly, a portable player maybe, some tie in with Apple (or similar) maybe, new investors, perhaps new direction, or just a PR stunt.

Whatever it is it's unlikely to be the thing I want it to be, but sounds like we haven't got too long to wait to find out... Perhaps the 'predictions thread' will generate some winners. Were there prizes? Wink

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

Regarding winners of the prediction thread, the prize was clearly stated up front:

'The prize will be the utterly enormous personal pride and kudos for the victor.'

Feeling lucky?
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
You had an unfair advantage there Wink

Sounds like it's time to get those last predictions or amendments in....

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...redictions

>>> 1st Place Award: Devialet, last decades most disappointing technology purchase.  <<<

(29-Mar-2016, 22:38)Hifi_swlon Wrote: You had an unfair advantage there Wink

Sounds like it's time to get those last predictions or amendments in....

http://devialetchat.com/showthread.php?t...redictions

Hang on a minute! If we are allowing predictions now (nearly April), then I'm going to go with a sponsorship tie up between Devialet and the Renault F1 team!  Plus, for what it's worth, I've changed my mind on some of my predictions before they've even been proved wrong!  (I think a trickle down of the O d'A tweaks is looking quite likely).  But I'll stick with my original predictions, no cheating allowed!
1000 Pro - KEF Blade - iFi Zen Stream - Mutec REF10 - MC3+USB - Pro-Ject Signature 12
(29-Mar-2016, 23:03)Confused Wrote: Hang on a minute!  If we are allowing predictions now (nearly April), then I'm going to go with a sponsorship tie up between Devialet and the Renault F1 team!  Plus, for what it's worth, I've changed my mind on some of my predictions before they've even been proved wrong!  (I think a trickle down of the O d'A tweaks is looking quite likely).  But I'll stick with my original predictions, no cheating allowed!

Well, yuh, I had kind of figured predictions wouldn't be updated/amended to cover the past Wink And of course the ultimate kudos will still go to those who were closest but also got in early, ahead of the crowd….

We at Deviousalet LLC have created an entirely unique algorithm called PDP (Prédictions Devialet Précis) which will, with 110% accuracy, tell us exactly how Devialet is going to revolutionize the audiophile industry and the exact dates on which they will release every new innovation.

Please follow me on Farcebook, Twit, and Instagramcracker to get the latest, and look for the release soon*. In the mean time you can read all about how much rapper Lay-Z loves watching our logo run around the dog track on my sponsored whippet named Fu.

Deviousalet LLC is a leading purveyor of high-end marketing in our third round of funding from affluent angels (and their boss). We are staffed by 3 nobel laureates in engineering, 237 con artists in marketing, and 2.7 interns in customer support. All other information will be provided soon*.

*Soon is covered by patent #3783BS as well can copyrighted and trademarked in all jurisdictions.
Great post! Made me laugh!

Only humor to help us cope with the insanity that is Devialet...
Thanks.

Luckily the joy I get from listening to my D400 far outweighs my criticism of the company, but I do enjoy poking fun at them here as well as providing constructive feedback to Devialet directly and through dealers.