Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
Devialet's answer on the stereo sync issue
Í'm really wondering why Devialet does't just release the update for everyone.. Still no update here. I opened a ticket on day 1
(22-Nov-2019, 09:32)Walzu Wrote: Í'm really wondering why Devialet does't just release the update for everyone.. Still no update here. I opened a ticket on day 1
Devialet said they wanted to send the patch to affected individuals quickly. A release update for everyone would have taken much longer to come out. I think Devialet did the right thing here.

Suggest you follow up with your ticket to Devialet.
Strangely I had no synch issue over the last weeks since I updated to DOS2... and yesterday all the sudden the cathedral/echo issue (really bad).
I had friends over and let me tell you they are not ready to spend a cent on the phantoms. I can't listen to music anymore !
I think I can finally say that my system is running smoothly after the update. I have been enjoying almost four hours now without any interruption.
For those out there with sync problems and having no access to the new update (patch) I can highly recommend to contact Devialet and ask for the update (maybe for a second time if the first approach failed).
Once again I keep my fingers crossed that you all get the chance again to listen to the music as it was meant to be.
Just had Devialet over the phone. They are testing a beta patch with a small number of customers and waiting for their feedback before releasing officially the final patch.
They say it should take no more than a week. As far as the multi room option is concerned it won't be launched until 2020 as they are too busy with the echo patch release.
(22-Nov-2019, 06:18)MusicEnthusiast Wrote:
(21-Nov-2019, 22:21)Walzu Wrote:
(21-Nov-2019, 21:09)MusicEnthusiast Wrote: I haven’t received an email so far, but I used the update button in the app after reading your post. The app immediately started to download the patch. I had to do the update for each phantom. 
The firmware number changed on both. Unfortunately I had no time to test the phantoms after the update, but I will do tomorrow and report if the problem is solved in my case. I keep me fingers crossed for you and all the others that this update will bring back the joy of listening to phantoms.
What is the firmware version after the update? I tried the same, but no updates available..
My firmware number now is 2.8.5

Just out of interest where in the app did the "update" button appear?  I assume it was somewhere in the page for your room and not something you had to look for on the settings page?  Did you have to update each speaker individually or was the update applied to both once you had pressed the button?
(22-Nov-2019, 15:43)struts Wrote:
(22-Nov-2019, 06:18)MusicEnthusiast Wrote:
(21-Nov-2019, 22:21)Walzu Wrote: What is the firmware version after the update? I tried the same, but no updates available..
My firmware number now is 2.8.5

Just out of interest where in the app did the "update" button appear?  I assume it was somewhere in the page for your room and not something you had to look for on the settings page?  Did you have to update each speaker individually or was the update applied to both once you had pressed the button?

I received no notification just pressed the gear symbol on the top left-hand side at the „Welcome Home“ page of the app. There you can find „System Update“. Just check whether there is a new update for your Phantom. I had to update them individually.
(22-Nov-2019, 16:40)MusicEnthusiast Wrote:
(22-Nov-2019, 15:43)struts Wrote:
(22-Nov-2019, 06:18)MusicEnthusiast Wrote: My firmware number now is 2.8.5

I received no notification just pressed the gear symbol on the top left-hand side at the „Welcome Home“ page of the app. There you can find „System Update“. Just check whether there is a new update for your Phantom. I had to update them individually.

Clear, thanks!
When I spoke with my customer service representative yesterday they basically said they had a list of names they were working down based on people who reached out with the stereo sync issue. I've been refreshing my app intermittently this week when I'm home and checking for the system update. This afternoon I finally saw that the update was available. I basically clicked on it and it quickly updated them and they power cycled back on. Weirdly about two mins later the left one dropped out, but then turned back on. Since then they've been in sync now for a couple of hours and working well. Both of my phantoms have serial numbers beginning with M41N and they're on firmware 2.8.5. Happy to have them working again! Devialet did reach out after I saw the update was available and alerted me that it was ready. It has been a bit of a rocky road since buying the golds a month ago, but overall the support has been good. I think in the future though I may wait to see what people say on the forum before updating firmware! I'm kind of fatigued from the beta testing, haha
I finally received the update today and they’re working fine so far with firmware 2.8.5. Hopefully everyone else effected the patch ASAP.