Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet's competitors
That means then they can never find anything that sounds better !!!! A leap of faith maybe?
UK kit - Technics SP10 - Technics EPA-501  - AT33SA - NUC5i3 - W10 - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet 1000 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable (0.5 metre each side) - Magico S5

Spain kit - NUC7i5 - W10  - Roonserver - Roon AIR - Devialet D250 Pro CI - Blue Jeans Speaker Cable - Ergo IX speakers
This may well be the next challenger for Devialet's crown:

http://www.rane.com/pi14.html

I particularly like the idea of a concrete chassis and front panel. It would be great if Devialet would develop something similar to the "Sheen Reduction Processor" to make listening to V8 firmware an enjoyable experience Wink
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(25-May-2015, 20:24)PhilP Wrote: This may well be the next challenger for Devialet's crown:

I WANT ONE!!
(25-May-2015, 20:24)PhilP Wrote: This may well be the next challenger for Devialet's crown:

I particularly like the idea of a concrete chassis and front panel. It would be great if Devialet would develop something similar to the "Sheen Reduction Processor" to make listening to V8 firmware and enjoyable experience Wink

When I first read this I was so delighted to read such an amusing piece I decided I would buy something made by Rane since anybody who would publish something this great deserved my money. Sadly I was unable to find anything in their product list I could remotely justify Sad
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

(25-May-2015, 21:11)f1eng Wrote:

I particularly like the idea of a concrete chassis and front panel. It would be great if Devialet would develop something similar to the "Sheen Reduction Processor" to make listening to V8 firmware and enjoyable experience Wink

When I first read this I was so delighted to read such an amusing piece I decided I would buy something made by Rane since anybody who would publish something this great deserved my money. Sadly I was unable to find anything in their product list I could remotely justify Sad

Not even the HAL system? ", the HAL Multiprocessor and Halogen software check the status, location, CAT 5 wiring integrity, and that audio is flowing in all peripheral devices, so you know your system is properly connected and ready to go. Does your DSP troubleshoot the cable install for you and offer a “Get on the Plane” indicator that shows you that the installers have truly finished their job?" I'm surprised that, as a true audiophile, you couldn't justify such an investment.
IMac macOS 10.15.3 (no link to Devialet Sad ) / MacBook Pro Retina OS X 10.14.4 / Linn LP12 / Devialet 200 Wilson Benesch Discovery. 
Qobuz Desktop Latest Version / Audirvana 3.2.18 / Audirvana Remote / iTunes 12.9 / AIR 3.0.4 / Wi-Fi / FW 8.1.0 / SAM 50%
Cambridge, UK (Updated 27th February, 2020)
(24-Feb-2015, 21:40)jjo Wrote: I was actually considering Wadia, but before I had the chance to audition it, I saw a picture of the insides:

[Image: AUIOOA-1377587116wadia_int_1.jpg]

Did you ever listen to it ? If so, what was your verdict compared to a D120 or 200 ?
Naim NAC-N 272 ➣ Naim XPSDR ➣ Naim NAP 200DR  ➣ Kudos Super 10 ➣ Siltech Explorer 90L  (Montreal, CA)
(30-May-2015, 23:24)Ants Wrote:
(24-Feb-2015, 21:40)jjo Wrote: I was actually considering Wadia, but before I had the chance to audition it, I saw a picture of the insides:

[Image: AUIOOA-1377587116wadia_int_1.jpg]

Did you ever listen to it ? If so, what was your verdict compared to a D120 or 200 ?

I Heard it four days ago...with SF Olympica II. I liked it very much. Olympica II is a good match for this Wadia. Sound is very powerful and full of details. Wadia offers 350w per channel and You can feel this power. Low tones are really good. In my country there is an offer for set of this Wada + any of loudspeaker from Olympica range. When buying Them together a price of Wadia is just around 2500 Euro. IMO this is really a good offer and good sound.
http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.ph...-micromega

It's French. It's shiny. It does everything. It hangs on the wall...
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.
(02-Jun-2015, 23:39)Pim van Vliet Wrote: http://www.soundstageglobal.com/index.ph...-micromega

It's French. It's shiny. It does everything. It hangs on the wall...

It even looks like bathroom scales! Shy
And the display looks like it is too small to read... they really did try to copy Devialet  Smile
                                                    Lifetime Roon, Mac mini, int. SSD, ext. HDD, tv as monitor, key board and track pad on bean bag as remote,Devialet 200, Od'A #097, Blue jeans speaker cable,                                     
                                                                                                                                                                            Dynaudio C1 MkII.
                                                                                                                                                                              Jim Smith's GBS.
                                                                                                                                                                        Northern NSW Australia.