Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devialet vs Everything Else
I already had four Class D amplifiers myself. 
Three of them Ncore and one Purifi Eigentakt. 
I can very well imagine that Mola Mola builds very good amplifiers but I doubt that the price is justified. 
I don't believe any tester unless they bought the device themselves. 
You can get very good Class D NCore amplifiers for a fraction of Mola Mola. An example would be the Buchardt I150! What the amplifier unfortunately lacks is the power at higher volumes and therefore also dynamic, but otherwise it is more of a Class A than Class D amplifier and it costs around €2500.

Mola Mola is certainly great, but in the industry they like to fool customers with lots of aluminum and astronomical prices.
I would like to know from the owner if Mola Mola is really worth the money. He had the money, but is it really worth this large sum?

I was also interested in the Mola Mola Kula myself but then I saw that it is an NCore and nothing against NCore but at that price you expect something special.
@finix
Which one amplifier with purify Eigentakt modules?
I see that newest Lyngdorf power amp “MXA 8400” is based on those new D class modules?
As for the “price justification” in high end audio, I don’t want to waste time. It is just about do you like it and can you afford it.
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(11-Sep-2023, 17:25)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: @finix
Which one amplifier with purify Eigentakt modules?
I see that newest Lyngdorf power amp “MXA 8400” is based on those new D class modules?
As for the “price justification” in high end audio, I don’t want to waste time. It is just about do you like it and can you afford it.

The NAD M33 is a Purify Eigentakt! 

I don‘t want to say, High End ist bullshit but there is a lot of bullshit and most of the people are buying High End, just because they can afford it. 

A Devialet 220 pro ist expensive and maybe to expensive but buying a 20.000€+ amp ist for me like, buying a magic bean from a guy with a big gold chain at a car park. 

It is not an insult on anybody but I have never seen high end worth the money. I think a full integrated amp should cost max 5000€. If you want something really fancy, I would go up till 10.000€ but that‘s it. 

Especially now, because many companies simply buy the modules from Purify, Hypex, ICE Power or Pascal and package them in a lot of metal in order to then call them high-end and charge a corresponding price. And I don't have a problem with that, because everyone can buy whatever they want, but we're discussing here whether it's worth it and whether something is really better than an expert pro. Does price play a role in listening experience?
(11-Sep-2023, 16:15)finix Wrote: I already had four Class D amplifiers myself. 
Three of them Ncore and one Purifi Eigentakt. 
I can very well imagine that Mola Mola builds very good amplifiers but I doubt that the price is justified. 
I don't believe any tester unless they bought the device themselves. 
You can get very good Class D NCore amplifiers for a fraction of Mola Mola. An example would be the Buchardt I150! What the amplifier unfortunately lacks is the power at higher volumes and therefore also dynamic, but otherwise it is more of a Class A than Class D amplifier and it costs around €2500.
Mola Mola is certainly great, but in the industry they like to fool customers with lots of aluminum and astronomical prices.
I would like to know from the owner if Mola Mola is really worth the money. He had the money, but is it really worth this large sum?
I was also interested in the Mola Mola Kula myself but then I saw that it is an NCore and nothing against NCore but at that price you expect something special.

Do you know who is the designer and co-owner in Mola Mola?
Do you know who invented nCore and Purifi?
Ever heard of Bruno Putzey? Smile
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

And?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk
It's pretty obvious why Mola Mola products cost much more than generic Hypex amp modules.

There is quite a difference in sound quality - Bruno hasn't shared all of his secrets Wink
Devialet Expert 440 Pro | Dynaudio Confidence 50 | 2x SVS SB16-Ultra
Anthem MRX 720 | Dynaudio Excite X28 | Dynaudio Emit M20
LG OLED 77 CX | LG OLED 65 C7

with all respect to you and to Bruno but he is not a magician or a god. I know that people who can do something or are just known like to be placed higher and are given incredible abilities, but he couldn't afford to make special modules just for Mola Mola. There are other manufacturers who can develop something good. Just look at an NC 250 or 500 or 1200 module and then look at what Mola Mola has installed.

But I always find it amazing that even in the hi-fi industry, certain people can achieve a god-like status and thus justify prices, for example.

In the last 50+ years nothing has really developed in the hi-fi industry, except for Class D. Class D has gotten significantly better and is now on the same level as Class AB, but otherwise people still use paper cones because they sound good. The Class AB amplifiers are still full of transistors. Class A still uses the tube. Speakers sound no different today than they did back then. The only thing the manufacturers change is the crossover so that the speakers sound different. How else are you going to promote and sell the new ones? We are the stupid idiots in the industry who buy everything, as long as it's expensive and has good marketing.

The only ones that stand out for me are manufacturers like Devialet or Hifi Rose or the Class D module providers.
@Drifter
Many thanks to you for sharing your opinion of Mola Mola products. Pretty sure it will sound much better after some 200-300 hours. If I decide to go back to D class, I will take it into consideration. Enjoy in your new toys Smile
A) Devialet Expert 220 Pro CI, Audioquest NRG-Z3 — B) Pass Labs XA 30.8, Lampizator Amber V4.0, Innuos Pulse, Dynaudio Evoke 50,  Ansuz PowerSwitch X-TC, WireWorld power cables
(12-Sep-2023, 07:08)finix Wrote: with all respect to you and to Bruno but he is not a magician or a god. I know that people who can do something or are just known like to be placed higher and are given incredible abilities, but he couldn't afford to make special modules just for Mola Mola. There are other manufacturers who can develop something good. Just look at an NC 250 or 500 or 1200 module and then look at what Mola Mola has installed.

But I always find it amazing that even in the hi-fi industry, certain people can achieve a god-like status and thus justify prices, for example.

In the last 50+ years nothing has really developed in the hi-fi industry, except for Class D. Class D has gotten significantly better and is now on the same level as Class AB, but otherwise people still use paper cones because they sound good. The Class AB amplifiers are still full of transistors. Class A still uses the tube. Speakers sound no different today than they did back then. The only thing the manufacturers change is the crossover so that the speakers sound different. How else are you going to promote and sell the new ones? We are the stupid idiots in the industry who buy everything, as long as it's expensive and has good marketing.

The only ones that stand out for me are manufacturers like Devialet or Hifi Rose or the Class D module providers.

Well, you gotta right for some things, but for some not. In the last 50+ years, there have been so many innovations, like CD players, Internet streamers, etc  
And yes, so many snake oils in high-end. One of the problems is, that not many of us are brave enough to face the "blind test".
 Recently I heard from the one who did it, that they did the blind test with network switches. There were 3 switches on the test, and the worst sounding was the most expensive one (5.000 euros) meanwhile the winner was a 200 euro switch with LPS!! 

the same thing with the power cables! The electricity is delivered to the house/apartment from the power plant, a hundred miles/kilometers away, through the cables, not costing 10.000 euros/USD per 1 meter Smile 
And then, manufacturers convinced us to spend thousands and thousands usd/euros for power cables from wall sockets to our electronics. So far I spent a couple of thousand on the power cables, and full enough of that B/S. 

btw, it is interesting to read reviews/discussions on YT channels on all-in-one solutions (Devialet, HiFi Rose, Lyngdorf, AVM...) and active loudspeakers. 
I found more and more people who sold their separates and moved to all-in-one. And started listening to music Smile 
I am thinking about purchasing a Lyngdorf tdai-3400 for my weekend house. Found so many satisfied customers (not hi-fi beginners) among the Lyngdorf customers. 
Cheers.
(12-Sep-2023, 14:49)zoran_pavlovic Wrote: @Drifter
Many thanks to you for sharing your opinion of Mola Mola products. Pretty sure it will sound much better after some 200-300 hours. If I decide to go back to D class, I will take it into consideration. Enjoy in your new toys Smile

Only a pleasure.

After more time with the Mola Mola's since my initial review I can safely say that I am extremely satisfied. 

As this thread is about alternatives to Devialet and considering that everyone has their own opinion and is welcome to disagree with my chosen alternatives, there were some comments to my post from a number of posters that deserve a response.

Whilst a enjoyed my time with the 440PRO, I did not consider the 1000PRO (used or new) at the time I was looking to upgrade. I'm not convinced that Devialet is investing / or will continue to invest any effort and money in developing or simply maintaining the Expert line.

The Mola Mola equipment is expensive and in a price class above the 440. They do have the Kula integrated which is in the same price bracket as the 440 when adding the DAC and phono modules.

Is the cost of the Kalugas justified considering it based on the Ncore technology? That is a question only my bank manager and my ears can answer.

Is the cost of Tambaqui DAC justified? Read some of the reviews available online. I can now assure you having first hand experience that those reviews are all spot on.

Devialet 440PRO CI/ Mola Mola Tambaqui + Kalugas / Vivid Audio Giya G2
Cape Town, South Africa