Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Line in Pass-Through not valid
My Devialet 120 is part of a surround setup. So I made a configuration with Line in pass through (-15DB). In general it works fine, though the front speakers are too silent (even when trying to make up the difference by the AV receiver).
It's strange that the display says:
Bypass and shows -40DB ... although in the configuration file it's -15DB
Also when manually turning up the volume on the remote, the front speakers don't get any louder in the surround setup.
Mine is set at -15 dB too, and displays a dimmed -40dB when selected.
If you need a higher gain I suggest a new configuration with a higher gain than -15dB, -10dB perhaps, depending on how big a difference there is to your rears.
The volume control has no effect on an input which has pass through set in the configuration, the gain is fixed, at -15dB in our case.
Since the input voltage will not be at full level (since it is being controlled by the volume pot on the surround amp) it is likely to need more gain than a line level source for the same actual volume.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire

Thanks for the feedback! Will do a new configuration with -10db and see if the difference is less.
But I'd rate this a bug from Devialet - having configured the line-in at -15db and instead showing -40db!!
This should be corrected not to be missleading.
After trying various settings - there is little improvement also when using 0DB (although the Denon 5200 is a really capable AV-Receiver).
Any ideas or suggestions?