Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Dialog and 24 Phantoms
Deviate claims that up to 24 phantoms can be used for multiple rooms layout when used with dialog... how is this going to be possible when it barely sees a phantom through a thin wall and even more tricky if phantom plugs in a different electrical loop than the rest of them.

Not that I ever will need to try since I'm perfectly happy with my 3 silvers and dialog... but anyway!

Andreas
devialet somehow overpromised on that whole multiroom and home cinema thing.
The 24 speakers need to be in the exact same room. Smile
Devialet invented the multiroom in one room...

(you just need 24 AC plugs in the same room)
24 speakers in the same room is exactly the number needed to playback 22.2 surround audio content as defined in NHK Super Hi-Vision format. see here
I'd would really love to hear that with 24 Phantoms Smile

[Image: 800px-Multi_Channel_Audio_Diagram.svg.png]

(21-Oct-2015, 14:30)fgueho Wrote: The 24 speakers need to be in the exact same room. Smile
Devialet invented the multiroom in one room...

(you just need 24 AC plugs in the same room)
Thumbs Up 
(21-Oct-2015, 15:50)Phs Wrote: 24 speakers in the same room is exactly the number needed to playback 22.2 surround audio content as defined in NHK Super Hi-Vision format.

Perfect in order to lose one ear. Big Grin
(and maybe both of them)
Well, i need at least 18 for the Ambisonic system that i'd like to build with them.
Perhaps using Ethernet ? Something people tend to forget must exist for a reason on Phantom...
(22-Oct-2015, 12:12)karebe Wrote:
(22-Oct-2015, 10:52)raph972 Wrote: Perhaps using Ethernet ? Something people tend to forget must exist for a reason on Phantom...

I use Ethernet and four Phantoms in two different rooms without any problem.

is ethernet connected just to the first phantom, feeded from dialog?
(22-Oct-2015, 14:20)andreas Wrote:
(22-Oct-2015, 12:12)karebe Wrote:
(22-Oct-2015, 10:52)raph972 Wrote: Perhaps using Ethernet ? Something people tend to forget must exist for a reason on Phantom...

I use Ethernet and four Phantoms in two different rooms without any problem.

each phantom and the dialog connected to a router (directly or via switch). All Ethernet.
(22-Oct-2015, 18:21)RobLnd Wrote:
(22-Oct-2015, 14:20)andreas Wrote:
(22-Oct-2015, 12:12)karebe Wrote: I use Ethernet and four Phantoms in two different rooms without any problem.

each phantom and the dialog connected to a router (directly or via switch). All Ethernet.

the phantoms talk to each other wirelessly via the dialog, is this overwritten if ethernet is used? And is there a real SQ gain with ethernet?