Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dialog concern?
Just went into the basement and found the dialog blinking quickly between red and white.  I logged into Spark and everything seems to be working... should I be concerned?
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
(29-Jan-2018, 17:02)njaiswal Wrote: Just went into the basement and found the dialog blinking quickly between red and white.  I logged into Spark and everything seems to be working... should I be concerned?

Try a complete factory reset
Hi

This is signaling a network issues...maybe not connecting properly to the Phantoms...

Even if spark look normal.. the best way to check is to stream from his red source or service and try to listen internet radio to see if the service is stable...

A factory reset of dialog and phantoms, combined to rebooting your router may help..

Why is the dialog in the basement... ? Is it the best or optimum location?
 Angenet. 
  5 Silver Phantoms (2 stereo and 3 solo in 3 rooms). 4 Raspberry Pi 3b with Hifiberry digi + boards connected to four Phantoms. 1 Dialog with Airplay, Roon Lifetime Membership for perfect group play. Qobuz sublime, Tidal Hifi,  1 NAS Qnap tS-210 Pro. Location: West Yorkshire, UK.
(30-Jan-2018, 05:23)angenet Wrote: Hi

This is signaling a network issues...maybe not connecting properly to the Phantoms...

Even if spark look normal.. the best way to check is to stream from his red source or service and try to listen internet radio to see if the service is stable...

A factory reset of dialog and phantoms, combined to rebooting your router may help..

Why is the dialog in the basement... ? Is it the best or optimum location?
All of my connectivity and AV equipment reside in a rack in the basement. :-)
6 x Phantom Gold, 3 x Phantom Silver, 2 x Phantom Classic, 9 x Phantom Reactor 900, Symetrix Radius AEC-2, 2 x JBL Synthesis SDP-55, Dante
Just power it all down and then power it back up. Shouldn’t be a problem.

If it continues to do this try a different connection method like Ethernet or PLC.

If it’s generally always been fine though then a simple restart of the system should correct it. Power all Phantoms and Dialogue down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Devialet Phantom (White)
(31-Jan-2018, 03:12)kmjy Wrote: Just power it all down and then power it back up. Shouldn’t be a problem.

If it continues to do this try a different connection method like Ethernet or PLC.

If it’s generally always been fine though then a simple restart of the system should correct it. Power all Phantoms and Dialogue down.

Yes maybe, but my advice is do a complete factory reset and excactly as discribed:

https://help.devialet.com/hc/en-us/artic...nd-Dialog-

(31-Jan-2018, 09:50)Johnnydev Wrote:
(31-Jan-2018, 03:12)kmjy Wrote: Just power it all down and then power it back up. Shouldn’t be a problem.

Yes maybe, but my advice is do a complete factory reset and excactly as discribed:

If a restart works it is not necessary to just jump to a factory reset and have to reconfigure and setup the whole system again. You work by eliminating the issue. Step by step. A factory reset may help but then again if it doesn’t you’re going to be taking other steps anyway.

Devialet Phantom (White)
(31-Jan-2018, 18:19)kmjy Wrote:
(31-Jan-2018, 09:50)Johnnydev Wrote:

If a restart works it is not necessary to just jump to a factory reset and have to reconfigure and setup the whole system again. You work by eliminating the issue. Step by step. A factory reset may help but then again if it doesn’t you’re going to be taking other steps anyway.

Here is the response I got from support. Makes you wonder if they are a real company. 
Dear Niten, 

Thank you for your message. 

I deeply regret this situation. However, if your Dialog is working properly, that mean that your Dialog is working OK. 

If you see that your Dialog is not working good, please feel free to contact us at any moment for more information. Our team will do the best to fix this situation out. 

Yours sincerely 
Kenny | Customer service & support Devialet
(31-Jan-2018, 22:52)njaiswal Wrote:
(31-Jan-2018, 18:19)kmjy Wrote:
(31-Jan-2018, 09:50)Johnnydev Wrote: Yes maybe, but my advice is do a complete factory reset and excactly as discribed:

Here is the response I got from support. Makes you wonder if they are a real company. 
Dear Niten, 

Thank you for your message. 

I deeply regret this situation. However, if your Dialog is working properly, that mean that your Dialog is working OK. 

If you see that your Dialog is not working good, please feel free to contact us at any moment for more information. Our team will do the best to fix this situation out. 

Yours sincerely 
Kenny | Customer service & support Devialet

Actually, it seems fine to me. If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Especially as you have it in your basement where you won't be distracted by the light show.

Edit: Actually, they should replace it as there is clearly evidence of some sort of fault, and you don't want it to finally completely fail after it is out of the warranty period.