Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dual mono set up
Anyone tried a dual mono set up phantoms? Would it be similar to what devialet offers in its amplifiers?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
Dual mono is stereo. 1 channel for left ,the other for right. Ecxept they are totally separated into 2 boxes instead of one. So 2 Phantoms are dual mono.
Synology DS215 NAS (2x WD RED 1Tb) > Virgin Superhub 3 > HP Pavilion X360 laptop > Phantom Reactor 600 > JRiver MC25 > JRemote > A&K AK70mkii DAP > Supra Cat8 Ethernet cable > Sony WH-1000XM4 > jar of cream v2
Mono is mono. No matter how many speakers are involved. It just means that the speakers are all receiving the same signal. With two channel stereo (stereo means solid or three dimensional, not two) each speaker receives a different signal.

The difference in the signals creates the stereo illusion of different noises coming from different places.
So from what I read there can be benefits to mono set up since you get no cross talk ? Are benifits only true if you're listening to a mono recording?

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
There are no benefits in a mono setup, even on mono recordings with Phantom. You can't compare the Expert amplifiers with the Phantom. Dual mono in the Expert line means there are two separate amplifiers, one for the left channel and one for the right channel, sharing no circuits, in one box to avoid cross talk between the channels. Mono in Phantom terms is a combination of the left and right signal to be able to get all the sound information from a stereo signal with only one speaker.
Living room: Kii Three/BXT with Control.
Den: Tannoy Precision 8 iDP with TS112 iDP subwoofer.
In the cupboard, waiting for a sibling: 1st gen. Phantom Silver running DOS1
My Phantom Voyage
The phantoms have seperated amplifiers for high, mid and low. This in a combination with 2 phantoms in stereo means that for one left and right are seperated by the two phantoms which resembles to the dual mono setup of a D400 or D800 and now new D1000 Expert Pro amplifiers. With the individual amplifier units in each phantoms for high, mid and low it even goes further and allows maximum control of each channel and each driver.

Cheers,

Krisp
Exactly, this is already dual mono for a pair of Phantoms or tripple mono for 3 Phantoms etc. ...
2 Phantoms are already dual mono, and active with 4 ADH amps in each.
Devialet Original d'Atelier 44 Core, Job Pre/225, Goldmund PH2, Goldmund Reference/T3f /Ortofon A90, Goldmund Mimesis 36+ & Chord Blu, iMac/Air, Lynx Theta, Tune Audio Anima, Goldmund Epilog 1&2, REL Studio. Dialog, Silver Phantoms, Branch stands, copper cables (mainly).
Oxfordshire